cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick & Tired of Ebays **bleep**

This is the last straw.  Ebay has now restricted me from communicating with buyers because I made a sale outside Ebay.  I don't give a what the policy says, when I have a customer that wants to make a deal on a multipal items, I'm not going to waste time going through Ebay settings or contact them when they have no clue what they are doing.  They have a sales team of little girls that have no clue what I'm talking about when clearly I need a technition to fix their website once a week.

I PAY 30.00 a month for their service, they still take 13-30% of the sale.  I HAVE EVERY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SELL MY PRODUCT IF A CUSTOMER CONTACTS ME.  EBAY HAS NO RIGHT TO LIMIT MY SALES WHEN I PAY THEM A MONTHY FEE!!!  PLus they can even provide me with the correct SERVICE to CORRECT problems that I have.  

Did you also know Ticket Hub is also through them as they are scalpers?  They go onto Tickmaster and snatch all the tickets they can, and then bump up the price off their ticket site ripping off people.

I want to see Ebay drown.  They've **bleep** me off beyond control.  Ripped me off.  Can't solve problems.  Tell me they will fisx it and never do.  And restrict me because I helped a customer make a deal.

And yes, I know I have spelling mistakes in this as I don't give a **bleep**, if Ebay has a problem with it, they can fix the spelling.....

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Please, Tell us how you really feel. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I'm sorry you are having so many problems. But I'm afraid to say this is eBay's sand box. They make the rules.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@memlane01 wrote:

This is the last straw.  Ebay has now restricted me from communicating with buyers because I made a sale outside Ebay.  I don't give a what the policy says, when I have a customer that wants to make a deal on a multipal items, I'm not going to waste time going through Ebay settings or contact them when they have no clue what they are doing.  They have a sales team of little girls that have no clue what I'm talking about when clearly I need a technition to fix their website once a week.

I PAY 30.00 a month for their service, they still take 13-30% of the sale.  I HAVE EVERY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SELL MY PRODUCT IF A CUSTOMER CONTACTS ME.  EBAY HAS NO RIGHT TO LIMIT MY SALES WHEN I PAY THEM A MONTHY FEE!!!  PLus they can even provide me with the correct SERVICE to CORRECT problems that I have.  

Did you also know Ticket Hub is also through them as they are scalpers?  They go onto Tickmaster and snatch all the tickets they can, and then bump up the price off their ticket site ripping off people.

I want to see Ebay drown.  They've **bleep** me off beyond control.  Ripped me off.  Can't solve problems.  Tell me they will fisx it and never do.  And restrict me because I helped a customer make a deal.

And yes, I know I have spelling mistakes in this as I don't give a **bleep**, if Ebay has a problem with it, they can fix the spelling.....

Well rules is rules.  who exactly are you say is "EBAY" 

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

On a side note;

I was looking at some of your items for sale and while the listing states shipping to the US, I entered my US zip code and for "Shipping:Calculate" get "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code." I tried it on more listings and get the same thing. Is this a ebay glitch or maybe something in your settings? It can't be helping your sales.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

This: 
"Ebay has now restricted me from communicating with buyers because I made a sale outside Ebay."   Insofar as I know as a buyer since '01 and a seller since '03, making a sale outside of eBay was always prohibited, not saying that it was not accomplished, however, there are now cracking down.  Always have been an intricate part of the UA - sales made outside of eBay, there are no fees for eBay and no buyer protection.

Next time - do not do it - problem solved 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Ebay sells a service.

The service is showing your products to a worldwide audience.

They expect to be paid for that service.

When we operated a store we occasionally had a collector who would try to sell his own items on our premises to our customers.

And we would politely tell him he was no longer welcome in the shop, unless he was willing to pay his share of the rent, insurance,hydro, heating, and business taxes. To say nothing of the weekly window cleaner.

You are that guy.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@memlane01,

I'm sorry, but you brought the restriction down on yourself.  I too pay a fair amount in fees as a seller, but I also know that ebay is very serious about off site transactions, and they use word recognition software to "spy" on communications for signs of those type transactions. As a matter of fact, I think the proscription on off site sales was rule number 2 or 3 when the site first started.

I know setting up a multiple different item listing seems like a lot of trouble, but it really isn't.  The way I have handled it is to create a "Special Listing for John Doe, of item #s 123..., 456..., 780..., etc. as agreed upon" @ $X.  I do not mention the quantities involved, but list it as a Lot, and include ony a few photos of the individual items or a single group shot.

The description refers back to original listings, and the Item Specifics are mostly blank, except for condition new/used. It usually takes less than 15 minutes to create the listing, and I start it at an agreed upon time, so there is less chance of someone else buying it.

Unfortunately, until ebay removes your communication restriction, you will not be able to try my method. Have you any indication how long the restriction will be in place?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@newnewnewmann,

I tried several zipcodes, and even a Canadian postal code for Windsor Ontario, and had no problem getting postal rates. If you use the app, try logging in the classic way, so you get whole site access.  If you're using a computer, try clearing your temporary internet files and cookie cache, restart your computer and try again. 

If that does not work, the issue could be because of a recent IE update, that has caused issues with some ebay features. Check your update history for the last update, and search online to see if it has had problems reported, and if there is any fixes available. You may have to undo the update.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@memlane01 wrote:

I PAY 30.00 a month for their service, they still take 13-30% of the sale.  I HAVE EVERY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SELL MY PRODUCT IF A CUSTOMER CONTACTS ME.  EBAY HAS NO RIGHT TO LIMIT MY SALES WHEN I PAY THEM A MONTHY FEE!!!

Sure they do, if you try to screw them out of their FVF. Your monthly fee just gets you in the door. God doesn't give rights on eBay.

BTW, if you're paying 30%, you're really, really doing it wrong.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@mudshark61369

Thanks for the trouble shooting. While every thing you mentioned can affect some things, it wasn't that this time.

I tested the same item today and it works fine. I think it is ebay glitches, there are many, they come and go. I have no recent browser updates and I never ever use IE.

I believe ebay has more than their fair share of javascript coding errors.  Sometimes a small error can make buttons and and other functions work tentatively. Thanks!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I went back again and one listing didn't work again, works, doesn't work...

I tested the javascript coding for the "Get Rates" button in the shipping section of that listing and it showed 16 errors, from missing semicolons to "Bad assignments" (the function call which gets the rates is erroneously coded with an "expression." to syntax errors. Having coded javascript at one time, I know that one error can cause problems, let alone 16!

( <input type="button" class="sh-BtnTxt btn btn-s btn-ter" name="getRates"    id="shGetRates" value="Get Rates" />)

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@memlane01 wrote:

...I PAY 30.00 a month for their service, they still take 13-30% of the sale.  I HAVE EVERY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SELL MY PRODUCT IF A CUSTOMER CONTACTS ME...

Not if you sell on eBay (you agree to their terms). I would never pay to list here.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@memlane01,

I'm sorry, but you brought the restriction down on yourself.  I too pay a fair amount in fees as a seller, but I also know that ebay is very serious about off site transactions, and they use word recognition software to "spy" on communications for signs of those type transactions. As a matter of fact, I think the proscription on off site sales was rule number 2 or 3 when the site first started.

@I know setting up a multiple different item listing seems like a lot of trouble, but it really isn't.  The way I have handled it is to create a "Special Listing for John Doe, of item #s 123..., 456..., 780..., etc. as agreed upon" @ $X.  I do not mention the quantities involved, but list it as a Lot, and include ony a few photos of the individual items or a single group shot.

The description refers back to original listings, and the Item Specifics are mostly blank, except for condition new/used. It usually takes less than 15 minutes to create the listing, and I start it at an agreed upon time, so there is less chance of someone else buying it.

Unfortunately, until ebay removes your communication restriction, you will not be able to try my method. Have you any indication how long the restriction will be in place?

You are 100% correct, however, with the way messages have been going lately, even if you put the group together, you have to find a way to tell the buyer what item it is - you can't send an item # or it thinks it's a phone #, and sometimes even normal wording will get caught.

I do understand your viewpoint and also Ebay's since they are all about fees. I sell beach glass- a boxful of rough and smooth. I have had people write me and ask for special orders of only one shape or one color and all smooth and they ask for prices for only 1 box or multiple boxes and suggestions on how to use it to make jewelry. These are the types of buyes I need to speak to via phone or email but that is not allowed. Their requests are totally different from what I sell on Ebay. Sure enough Ebay considers any sale it seems remotely connected to the item I am selling to be the product of Ebay. I really think once you sell on Ebay they think they own your business forever. So my hands are tied and I loose lots of business because I am prohibited from such sales.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply