eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH USING PAYPAL FOR 3 WEEKS still

What is really going on with PayPal and Ebay? I have a verified and valid credit card on file with Paypal and a zero balance. For three weeks I have been calling both sites daily just so my call will roll over to India where they read from a script. The problem is that Paypal nor Ebay are making the Public aware of their check
Out issues. Paypal is not offering various methods of payment and only offering me e-checks which I refuse to use. Two major
Giants unable to fix such technical issues is hard for me to accept.
Not informing anyone until after the purchase is simply wrong! I simply ask that Paypal fix this problem with Ebay and to own up by posting announcements so folks have necessary knowledge. If this continues what choice do we have but to contact our local news media to spread the word and to report to every Consumer Affairs Office across the country. If you can post your maintance schuedule on Ebay and Paypal then you can post about the serious problems that the sites are having.

Please use plain text.
thesewingdoll
Community Member

Re: SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH USING PAYPAL FOR 3 WEEKS still

in reply to juner803

It has been suggested by others that if you want to use your cc's and ebay is not offering you the option? call your cc company. Paypal advertises that cc's  are a accepted method of payment, if they are not giving you the option to use your cc on file? Just a thought.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

I have the same problems but with some eBay sellers not all.

and another is that I no have the option to commit to buy only  buy it now  

not going through my mind, now on paypal echeck isproblem because I tried to send a payment to a friend andjust gave me echeck option only...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

I agree with the post above, call or email your credit card company. This has been going on for over three weeks, and some have called PayPal three and four times, with no permanent fix.

The credit card companies don't know that their users are not being allowed to use their credit cards. PayPal's agreement with them almost certainly has language indicating that card holders must not be discouraged from using their credit cards. Until this gets on the radar of the credit card companies, PayPal may not be motivated to fix it.

Every potential credit card purchase that is converted to an eCheck purchase saves PayPal a merchant fee.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

Had the same problem with trying to check out through ebay and having to pay for things using an e-check.  Now it has navigated to another problem.  It's wanting to add a new credit card and will not allow payment of any kind. The only remedy is to get the seller's email that is attached to their PayPal account and paying directly through PayPal's site. Hard to believe they have gone so long without correcting this.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

Agreed! I'm tired of the issue with no help as well. How about the BBB. Something HAS to be addressed - ASAP

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

I too have also been having problems. Will contact credit card company too. Also how about the Fair Trade Commission? Ebay and Paypal claim it is a software bug. Really? Since 4/1? It wasn't a mistake that they managed to make me pay with an echeck instead of my credit card today. I could not cancel it or back out. They have free use of money for 3 to 5 days inconveniencing buyers and sellers. Bug? Or just plain greed? I agree that this should be addressed. I have come to hate Ebay and Paypal over this. Is that what they want, really?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

Have the same problem of being prompted to add a credit card to my paypal profile in order for the transaction to go through.  Already have three valid cards on my profile.  I am done shopping on ebay until this is resolved.  Amazon purchases go through just fine, so this is between ebay and paypal, and neither is capable  of taking care of it.  HUGE problem and loss of business for ebay sellers!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

and today they changed checkout again...misleading, confusing. Won't let me pay one seller at a time, next click would still have paid all sellers. Wouldn't let me change from checking withdrawal to my credit card. Next click would have done things I did not intend to do. WTF? 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

I am having this problem too. After several calls with ebay and paypal reps both on the line, there has been no resolution only temp work arounds. No promise of a fix or even an acknowlegement something is wrong.  So I have removed my credit cards from paypal and stopped using ebay. This is not an optimal solution, but I can't accept business like this.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Into second month of eCheck Hell!

in reply to juner803

I've spent over 10-hrs + on the phone with eBay & PayPal over the last 2-months trying to resolve the eCheck payment (Scam?).  I can't believe they have paid any attention to this problem at all. 

I've  contacted my credit card company as well.

eBay call centers in Asia don't help the problem either.  Every time I call eBay customer service I go through the same endless questions describing the problem....it's all hopeless.

PayPal customer service is not much better...they reply to their emails via a computer and never address personally the detailed emails that I send them.  End result:  no more emails to PayPal and move away from PayPal payments.

There appears to be no end in sight to resolve this problem and allow me to use credit card to pay for eBay purchases. 

As a result, I have been moving my purchases away from eBay/PayPal to other stores like Amazon.

I"m tired of wasting  my time on this issue.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803
I paid with echeck, it took 13 days to clear! Tried to speed up the process wit credit card, now have paid TWICE for $300. 00 purchase. No satisfaction, with daily phone calls. Will NEVER use eBay again. So much for safe, fast & secure!!
Please use plain text.
moonraker58
Community Member

in reply to maryluck2010

I just logged in to PayPal (I have been an eBayer and PayPal user for many years) and a page came up telling me that for security reasons, I now have to add my mobile phone number before I can access my account. But I don't have a mobile phone and have never had any need for one. At the bottom of the page, I found a link I could click on to say that I don't have a mobile phone. But when I clicked on it, a page loaded to say that I haven't told them my mobile phone number. This ridiculous idea is preventing me from using PayPal.  

Please use plain text.
lizabear56
Community Member

in reply to moonraker58

When I moved from Hawaii to Oregon, I went to change all my info with ebay and paypal (different user ID) I was told my cell phone number was invalid! I changed my number SAME phone provider and now my cell number is valid....And yes I called customer service on the invalid cell phone and could not convince them it was a valid number. Stupid. 

Please use plain text.
jsbooscary
Community Member

in reply to juner803

The same thing is happening to me, it seems pay pal has dediced to limit how much I can,  and cannot buy on Ebay and how I pay for it.  The first time it happened they told me it was because of my pay pal debit card.  So I got rid of the pay pal debit, it is still happening.   I have been an ebay member since 2001 and have spent close to 67k over the years on this site.  I have never not paid for an item....EVER!  They have never had a problem getting money from my bank account.  I think I have two rectracted bids in the 12 years I have been a member and only because I bid 1,000.00 accidentally on a 1.00 item, I only left negative feedback one time because I got ripped off for $250.00 (they never sent items, just spent money and closed the account).  Ebay will be losing quite a bit of business from me this year.  I will just go to Amazon where I am a prime member, I do not need pay pal to buy things.  No hassles, customer service is not rude and obnoxious.  I don't think Ebay realizes it but Pay pal is cutting thier throats with this BS. but I know of several people who are so sick of it they refuse to come to Ebay.  If I were a seller I would put some of my stuff on Amazon as well just in case there are people like me who are excellent buyers tired of pay pals **bleep**!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juner803

The same things had happened to me. I ordered a book that cost 40usd. I paid from my own credit card and i received my order. Later on about 4 months, i received a bill statment saying that I owned paypal 90 usd. I called them back and  told them that I had paid everything right through and i don't owe them nothing. They kept on insisting that i have to pay atleat $70. To stay away from headache I paid them. wow. what a business. cheating on poor people. 

Johnny Hume

Please use plain text.
ndmoreno
Community Member

in reply to djw88
hi - what a great idea. So frustrating. My problem started in December. first, it would say, for me to re-try paying, and then I could no longer use my checking account to pay, only my Visa (debit/linked to Checking Account) and now..... No payment method offered except echeck. Not going to pay that way. I never thought of this solution. thanks for alleviating a ton of the frustration that I have been feeling.
Please use plain text.
canyarun
Community Member

in reply to juner803

I know an new response to a very old thread.  however "propay" is a great option for the seller.  I've just recently switched... same buyer and seller protection.  easier to use "so far".  buyer does not have to create an account.  they simply pay thru CC

****Signature**** Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs. Dwight D. Eisenhower you can find me as the "bird flies" @MLEforEveryone
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH USING PayPal

in reply to juner803

Did anyone know that when you use Paypal to pay for an item that you are not logging off when pay.  You are still logged into PayPal and will be until you go to your PayPal account and log yourself out.  It is not automatic like it used to be in Ebay.  There is nowhere on the PayPal page to log yourself out.  I found out that I had been logged in since my last transaction a week ago.

I think something is wrong with the transition from Ebay to PayPal.

Please use plain text.