Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Refund

I purchased the item the order was confirmed and i got the order no and it says awaiting for item to be shipped by a seller. The money was debited from my bank account but the seller says the funds were never received . I opened a requst for item not...

Filter out overseas sellers

Is there anyway that I can filter out overseas sellers so that I can ensure that I am only buying items that are being shipped within the United States or at least North America? I am getting tired of waiting sometimes 6 to 8 weeks to receive an item...

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 67 replies
  • 1 helpful

SCAM Alert - Seller providing an amazon tracking number to a different address in the same zip code

Just as yet another report of the same type of scam happening. Seller is @doctor_gold I bought an item on eBay ($900+), which was heavily discounted. The seller did not respond to my enquiries about the product but I bought it trusting eBay's "get yo...

Ads on Eb ay site

Ebay accepts ads from fraudulent sellers. There's a large ad at top of page for Microsoft software that is a total scam. I purchased a Office Pro 2021 and the activation key that they sent is a total bogus one. Ebay does NOT protect the customers but...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Non-working gift card

Let me try this again. Looking for a customer service phone#. Bought a $100 gift card from Dollar Tree. Dollar tree cannot help. It does not work on Ebay. Tried 5 times. Who can help me get this fixed. Thank you so much.

Account banned for no reason and cant even use it to post on community

2 weeks ago i made an ebay account, didnt sell/buy anything on it and just received an email saying i am permanently banned due to "activity that we believe has put the eBay community at risk. " . All of the activities i had on that account were chan...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

SCAMMER

Seller just ripped off eBay buyers for over $1 million selling gold and silver coins and bullion. His store disappeared. His website was started in Jan 2024. hopefully eBay MoneyBack guarantee will make this right!!

Why did my item get sent to an old address if I did not do anything on my end to make that happen?

I haven’t lived there for 4 years and I’ve purchased many items that come to my current address. i logged in to make a purchase with “text me a code” to buy an item, saw my old address was there, (which is odd because the first purchase after I moved...

How is shill bidding allowed to go unchecked?

Reading through tons of comments it does not seem that ebay really cares to correct it but check these stats out: Bid history over 30-days:685 bids, 637 items100% of bid activity with same seller

Most are yard sale buyers. Must be perfect and dirt cheap

If the item is 2 years old, I can understand them wanting it to be perfect. But if the item is over 100 years old, minor defects should be expected especially of its a book or some other item that has been handled a lot. . I'm just glad for the 10% t...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sort the search function

For weeks now type in comics in search and only superman related items show (100% not an issue my end - this has happened a couple of times in the past year and it has sorted itself out eventually. This is the longest problem period to date). There a...

My eBay gift card got frozen

I bought several eBay gift card in 2016. One of them I forgot to use. Now when I found it, eBay showed 0 balance. I contacted customer service was told I need to provide original receipt to prove I am the owner. I found some other card’s receipt but ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors