cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larimar pendants, Tiffany bracelet, Large link sterling necklace w/toggle

Unbeknownst to the seller, she was selling my stolen jewelry.  Is there a way to message any buyers of the above-referenced jewelry in the last 4 weeks, since May 17th approximately and ask to buy my jewelry back from people who bought it here?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hopefully you filed a theft report with the police. Contact the person in charge of your case and show them what the seller sold of yours. It is up to them to go after the items and ebay will work with them to help. ebay will not help you alone.
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@marilybrow-56 wrote:

Unbeknownst to the seller, she was selling my stolen jewelry.  Is there a way to message any buyers of the above-referenced jewelry in the last 4 weeks, since May 17th approximately and ask to buy my jewelry back from people who bought it here?

No there is no way to contact the buyers. Ebay keeps that information confidential, they won't tell you who the buyers are. Law Enforcement would have to contact ebay and subpeona that information.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has a protocol for stolen goods and a dedicated Law Enforcement Center to handle reports of stolen goods. But that center will only deal with law enforcement agencies. So you need to have your local police contact them to see if they can recover your stolen goods.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/stolen.html

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Unbeknownst to the seller, she was selling my stolen jewelry.

Is the seller willing to give the addresses of her buyers to the police?

With two exceptions (Quebec and Louisiana) it is my understanding that stolen goods belong to the victim of the crime and not to the person who (knowingly or not) bought them from the fence.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A Search Warrant would compel the seller to turn over the information.  The information would either be on his/her desktop, laptop or mobile device and would be on his/her PP account - failure to do so would be Contempt of a Court Order and jail time until they comply. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Frankly, if you believe a particular seller is selling you stolen jewelry you best course of action is to inform law enforcement of your suspicions and let them proceed with their investigations.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 7
latest reply