Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Well that was fast!

I ordered a beautiful wind chime yesterday. I'm in Oregon, and the seller appears to be shown in Colorado. I received an email from the seller that they're using the carrier Aquiline, and they sent me the tracking number. I received my order today. T...

HELP A SELLER WANTS TO SCAM ME

After paying for an item really fast because it was cheap and I did not want anyone to buy it before I do, I now stumbled across the review of how this same seller scammed someone by sending out empty box… so I immediately cancelled the order, the se...

I was charged extra by Fedex - who is to blame eBay or the seller ?

I have bought an item with shipping through "eBay International Shipping". VAT and all shipping charges should have been included in that. Despite this, a few weeks after delivery Fedex has sent me an invoice for VAT and some administrative shipping ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item changed and account permanently suspended

Hello, my brother recently purchased a pair of sneakers from the Adidas eBay Store using a 50% coupon as a guest. Surprisingly, he received a welcome email with a username and later an order confirmation. However, two days later, he received an email...

Ten months after resolution of a dispute

Ten months after having refunded the buyer as a resolution of a dispute (UPS damage related) the seller contacts the buyer asking him to return the item. He does not offer a prepaid label. The seller claimed to have opened an insurance claim with UPS...

How do I stop getting annoying offers from stuff I ONLY LOOKED at didn't even favor or watch..

Seller and buyer here.. I don't shop or sell much on ebay anymore due to the annoying things ebay has added over the years.. but recently I did decide to "try" to list a couple things to clear stuff out of the house.. however I noticed when I opened ...

Blocked from bidding/purchasing from a seller

I have made 14 purchases from an eBay seller since the end of 2023. I always paid immediately and left + FB upon receiving said items. Today when attempting to make another purchase I received a message saying the seller won't allow me to bid a/o buy...

How to speak to a Live eBay support person or Chat

I am extremely frustrated and have exhausted all of my search options to allow speaking to a live person or even an actual live chat option. I'm trying to reach a department that handles purchasing warranty when you buy an expensive product online wh...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

Resolved! Did eBay or the seller refund me?

Bought a book for $3.90 with free shipping. Received the wrong book (completely different title and softcover instead of hardcover.) Opened a return request and was refunded within minutes. Message with the refund says, "Good News! For being a regula...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! If you have the time, could you help me undestand? TIA

I can not figure out how this is possible....I have been watching an auction (no BIN), a seven day auction ending tomorrow evening, yesterday there were three bids.This morning I see the auction ended because the item was SOLD, and the ending price w...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors