eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

She emailed me saying that she is "high bidder but she no longer needs it because someone else already purchased it for her daughter, sorry." Do I have her cancel her bid so then it goes to the next highest bidder? I am fine with this as I do not want to cancel the auction and relist. The auction closes in 6 hours . . . help!

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

Re: High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

[ Edited ]
in reply to renegade202

Yes, you should  cancel her bid; that's much better than ending with an unwilling buyer.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Also, since the auction has less than 12 hours left, you do not have the option to cancel and relist.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

How do I cancel her bid? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to renegade202

Use the link in my previous post.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to renegade202

Oops, sorry I missed the link you posted. When I cancel her bid does it then go to the next high bidder? Thanks for your help in this . . .it has been quite a few years since I have sold and trying to re-learn everything.

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to renegade202

When a bid on an active auction is canceled or retracted, the bid history is rearranged as if that bid had never been placed.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

Thank you so much for your quick answers! Much appreciated!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to renegade202

No, you do not have to cancel her bid, but it would probably be a good idea to do so.  If you cancel it the bidding reverts back to how it would have been had the cancelled bid not been placed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Please use plain text.