cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudelent transaction

TRYING TO SAVE TO OTHER BUYERS/SELLER- TIME ,MONEY AND AGGRAVATION

Be on lookout from new sellers mostly from China ,

few others register in : Italy, India, Sweden and Mexico.

All are new sellers or with very few feedbacks.

Listing this item 'BUY IT NOW" or Auctions with free shipping @ very very very low prices ( $0.99, $7.99, $8.99, $9.85)

They are posting 'shipped but no tracking numbers'.

This product all toys:

Building Bricks Pirates of the Caribbean the Black Pearl Ship Model Toy .

1381Pcs Star Wars Millennium Falcon Force Awakening Building Blocks Toys.

and THE Queen Anne's SHIP 1151Pcs Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Once reported NINE times so far i am getting back within days this:

""We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
 This user is no longer registered on eBay.
Now waiting for hundreds of $ to be refunded!
GOOD LUCK 
TOM

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Fraudelent transaction

Buy American, because it matters. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

Same thing happened to me, I purchased an expensive hair-styling tool (usually $100+) for $27, from China. The next day I received the same message, I can no longer see the item or contact the seller. So I guess I'll just have to wait a couple weeks and then report to PayPal.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

They are posting 'shipped but no tracking numbers'.

Sigh.

Honey, tracking is a Seller Protection.

Those sellers are foolish to let sketchey buyers know that they can file an Item Not Received dispute and get a full refund, even if the item arrives.

They seem to be content to accept those false claims, since it is cheaper than international tracking.

If you order something that does not arrive, you have 30 days from eBay's last estimated delivery date, to file a Dispute.

If the seller doesn't prove delivery (and that's delivery, not shipping) he is forced to refund the customer.

If you miss the 30 day deadline, you have 180 days from payment to file with Paypal.

And of course, you can also file a chargeback with your credit card.

OTOH- yes there are some fraudsters out there. Caveat emptor.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

I recently purchased a "Buy it now" item from an account that appears to be shipping from China, but the paypal associated is very much an American name. The item is being sold for considerably cheaper than almost any other auction. The big oddity though is the historical purchases and feedback. The feedback is 100% positive, but the number of feedback postings is low and almost all of them are no longer active eBay users. Sadly, I won't be able to tell if this is truly fraud until the item arrives - if it arrives. Would be helpful if we could report the seller and not the item so eBay can make an educated decision from their end as they take a lot of the risk here too.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

@negative547

If the item doesn't arrive or isn't as described, open a case. That reports both the item AND the seller.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

While I understand and agree with that approach, it's supposedly being shipped from China and the estimated date of arrival is 10/23-11/29. That's a huge waiting range. Also one that places me outside of the 30 money back guarantee. I'm more or less trying to report this to get ahead of what might be something that myself and others bought into.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

No, it does not put you outside ebay's 30 day guarantee. The MBG states it's 30 days AFTER the last estimated (or actual) delivery date. 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.

A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller's return window is longer, within the return window.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

@takikawa4is right.

EBay does allow 30 days for Dispute from November 29th.

But you can't open an eBay dispute until the 29th.

If you are really impatient, you can open a Paypal dispute immediately on Paypal, which allows 180 days for Dispute from payment.

Unless you feel the whole transaction is fraudulent (ie you are not just worried about quality), it's best to use the Disputes in order.

First eBay. Then Paypal. Then if you sensibly back your PP with a credit card, chargeback.

Three layers of Buyer Protection.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Fraudelent transaction

I greatly appreciate the feedback here. I was under the impression the date used for the guarantee was the purchase date. Thank you for the correction on that!

Thankfully, I do have the 3 layers of protection and I'm pretty confident that I, myself, will be fine here. I was more or less looking out for eBay and its other users so we all have a better experience. 🙂 Thanks again!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply