eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Anyone having problems saving to their Watch list.. for some reason I AM

Anyone having problems saving to their Watch list.. for some reason I AM

Please use plain text.
mudshark61369
Community Member

Re: Anyone having problems saving to their Watch list.. for some reason I AM

in reply to iamfirmin

No problem here.  I was searching for a few items before coming to the boards, and was able to put 3 items on my watch list, without any problem.  I have noticed a few times where it seems to take a while for the "This item has been added..." to show. but not today.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS! (unknown)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to iamfirmin

When I came on about 9ish Central time.

The page would load, but only two pictures would show.

The rest of the pictures where spinning circles.

Please use plain text.
healthandgarden
Community Member

in reply to iamfirmin

For the past week or so, my Watch List is disappearing. I might see it through my mobile app, sometimes not, and it will say 0 items in the Watch List. When I use my workstation, it is not there unless I go add an item to it, then all the Watch List items appear th enext time I view it. I have to select List All Items from the workstation to see them. I have no way to see them at all on my mobile. If I go search for an item that I added to my "empty" Watch List before, it indicates the item is in my Watch List. When I see th eitems listed under All Lists, each one says the list it is from is the Watch List. So items are in the list -- the list is just not showing up for me now.

Ebay has screwed it up -- more changes without proper testing -- and I WISH THEY WOULD RESPOND AND FIX IT!!!!!!

Tip for anyone else needing a work-around to this bug: Try selecting All Lists. Unfortunately this option is not available using mobile.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to worthlesswife

worthlesswife wrote:

When I came on about 9ish Central time.

The page would load, but only two pictures would show.

The rest of the pictures where spinning circles.

That spinning circle thingy happens to me also, quite often. Usually, when I select an item from my Watch list, then look at it, and then use the back arrow to get back to the list. Nothing shows, just spinning circles. Then again it functions properly, for a few days; then the spinning starts again.

Please use plain text.
**catman**
Community Member

WW...

I'm glad you posted that...I have been seeing that, too...I thought it was a prob with my 'puter.

Usually, hitting the refresh button will cause the pics to load.

CM

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to **catman**

I had trouble adding an item yesterday, but that is the only time in ages. It is worth trying some other operation with your computer which you know not to be instantaneous, which will give you some information on whether your computer or connection are playing up. If it is downloading a programme update without your knowing, this can happen. Some forms of connection software will tell you this speed at which things are going in or out.

The other possibility I've occasionally fallen foul of in the past, is not noticing that my watch list is full up. There should be a message, but it can be overlooked. I think they allow you 200  items.

Please use plain text.
hobbes.2012
Community Member

hi-if you click on one of the spinners it will bring up that item-click again to get back to ebay and  all you pics will be back up-hope it helps

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hobbes.2012

I've been having squares appear over  some items in lists (search results watch lists, etc.) in the last week or so; clicking on them didn't help.  No issues today, however.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to iamfirmin

A long time ago my whole watch list was completely wiped out. I wasn't pleased with that:catmad:

Please use plain text.
tbrnet2b
Community Member

in reply to iamfirmin

Hi There eBay Members! Never before had this happened since I joined eBay 5+ years ago - until 3 or 4 days ago when I saw the "Watch List" with the new drop-down menu. Now I am having problems.

Whenever I delete an item from my Watch List or or add a relisted item to it, I get automatically logged out. It is so frustrating, time-consuming & did I say  - FRUSTRATING?!?

As soon as it repeatedly happened 8x in a row, I sent Customer Service a message, but I cannot find the exact date it  started happening - like I mentioned above, 3-4 days ago? Anyone else? Thanks! Juli :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
luckylindyslocale
Community Member

in reply to tbrnet2b

No problem with watch list, but some of the pictures are not showing up just spinning.

Cruelty is one fashion statement we can all do without.
~Rue McClanahan
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
-Dr. Seuss

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to tbrnet2b

Juli,

Lots of reports of glitches lately.

For example, internet explorer doing a big update and glitches occurring.

Some browsers not working right <-- my guess is they need updating.

I hope you can follow this...

Up on top of the screen is the http// screen, which shows where your are at.

off to the right is a magnifying glass, a down arrow and broken rectangular box.

The broken rectangle "if clicked" is suppose to fix any compatibilities issues  

People have suggested click it and it will fix problems. (give it some time than shut down "puter")

Please note I have not had your issues and I have not used that option.   I

have not heard of anyone coming back and giving us a horror story.

(most people just don't come back)

I would first try clearing cache and cookies and shutting down the "puter"

2nd, post this topic on the technical support board,(community help boards) to verify the compatible icon works.

3rd, try it

Got a 14 year old kid handy?????  ask them... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
barbarascollectibles!
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to tbrnet2b

For the past couple of weeks (and never before) if my watch list gets too big (max of 200) and I go in and delete some older items so that I can watch some newer listings well there is a time lag after deleting the items before I can add more to the watch list.  Even though the number goes down below 200 the "watch this item" does not yet appear in listings so I can not click on it.  You know like when your list is full but mine is no longer full.  This sometimes takes several hours or even a day before the system updates.  Never happened until the last coupld of weeks.  It was always instant before.

But maybe they are just keeping tabs on me for some reason.

Ut oh is my paranoia showing?

Children are like little sponges. They absorb all your strength and leave you limp.

But give them a squeeze and you get it all back.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to barbarascollectibles!

Well, it is now June 17, 2014 and eBay has been completely useless if a person uses IE browser.   So been using Firefox browser for the past 6 months and eBay was at least tolerable.

Nope - not anymore.   Now Firefox won't load any items in a person's watch list.   All that shows is a blank screen with the blue circle spinning around and around.

Sooooo........No IE, No Firefox.    Does Google Chrome work with eBay's brainless website?

Wow - what a horrid auction site this place has become.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to roczog

Hello. I have been experiencing the watch list spinning icon problem on my kindle fire HDX. I cleared cache, cookies and history but that didn't help. Then cleared data in the Silk Browser via Manage Applications, but that was a disaster because I lost all my bookmarks. I can't change browsers on the kindle fire HDX. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Please use plain text.