cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vtg Gund rubber faced Monkey with a Zippered Pocket INFO? THANKS!

I purchased this vintage tagged GUND stuffed monkey at an estate auction. It has a rubber face, ears, hands and shoes. I am sure that he was dressed when originally purchased, however he now is not. The one thing that stumps me about him and I am hoping you experts can enlighten me on is there is a zippered pouch on his back. It appears to be original to the doll, however, I am not positive. What the heck would this be for? It is not big enough to hold pajamas. Any information would be much appreciated! Thanks so much for looking. Michelle... More pictures coming..  The monkey measures approx 18" long.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

MORE Photos of the monkey. He also has open close or sleep eyes if that helps. Thanks again! Michelle

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Nobody here has any interest or answers for me. Can somebody suggest another avenue for some answers? Thanks so much! Michelle

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Unfortunately there is not a lot of reference material available on old plush other than bears - it may take a few days for those who frequent the board to see your question - but usually a zippered pocket either means a pajama case or it held a sound maker of some sort - either a wind up music box or a crier box.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

hi it looks like it held some srt of box for a voice or music maybe you had to press something on the monkey and it talked

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Not sure if you ever figured it out, but I have a monkey just like this with the same type of zipper.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Do you still have and if so, would you be willing to sell?  I had one of these. My parents bought for my first birthday.  I lost it a few years ago. I am now 47.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply