cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giorgio Beverly Hills Collector Bear

Hi.  Do any of you guys know anything about Giorgio Beverly Hills collector bears?  I found one today at a thrift store and was thinking about putting him on eBay or selling him on some of my teddy bear/plushie groups.  I've never heard of this brand before, as I don't get into cosmetics, but my friend told me that's a very upscale perfume company and you'd get this bear when you bought their perfume.  (I know, I live under a rock.)

He's about 14", sitting down, and has fur that is sorta rough.  The backing seems to be good quality, but he seems to be one of those bears that are made to be collected.  He's cuddly, but not super cuddly like most plushies were back in the 90s, like he could be played with if you wanted to, but was more designed to be a decoration, although mine seems like either he was pretty well loved or someone stuck him in the dryer, as he feels rough.  Not sure if that's dryer burn or matting or just the bear.  He has a hang tag, but I'm not sure if that's his original or the one they put on at Goodwill.  I'm almost totally blind, so I won't be able to see what's on that tag until someone reads it to me.

If you were me, would you put him on eBay or just keep him?  I'm not trying to make a lot of money off him, but just enough to be able to support my plushie collecting hobby.  I'd be happy with being able to get about $10 or $15 for him, although if I could get more I certainnly wouldn't say no.  I like the bear a lot and wouldn't mind keeping him, but I got him along with several other plushies with the intent to try to sell them.  However, I do have a hard time figuring out how to list on eBay, so I didn't want to try it if he wasn't likely to sell.  I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have.  Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They vary widely in value - yours should have some kind of clothing, a sweater or something?  Some sell for a great deal and others not so much.  They do make a chenille type plush that is rough looking and feeling.  A picture would really help.  The naked bears with the rough plush sell for about 5.00.  You can do a search for completed items - and see the variations and prices.  

Hope that helps - a picture would be most helpful!

Bethy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is it okay if I post an unlisted Youtube video and post a link here?  I have a hard time taking pics, but I can do a vid with my webcam.  He is wearing a sweater, I think they said it was green, but  can't remember.  If I do a vid I'm able to turn the bear so you can sorta see him.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't think you can post a video here - I do not see any current or sold listings of a Giorgio bear with a green sweater, most with sweaters are either red or red and white striped or yellow stripes.  Some sweaters have logos of stores - for example if the bear was sold at Dillards with the perfume, it might have a Dillards logo.  Just very hard to guess what bears will bring these days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have a 1990 holiday season he's wearing a Christmas hat and a sweater and I have a certificate of Authentication. What would you say mines is valued at?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply