cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please give me ruthless criticism about my handmade clothes for Silkstone Barbie

Hello! 
I sew OOAK outfits for Silkstone Barbie about few monthes and I'd like to understand collectors better))
I would appreciate for ruthless criticism from Silkstone Barbie collectors and for any answers about 3 my last works, about design details and about sewing details. 
252404580148 bronze dress
252408833550 floral dress
252413449430 blue dress
Please tell me also, if possible, what details are important for you when you are choosing outfit for your dolls. 
Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Please give me ruthless criticism about my handmade clothes for Silkstone Barbie

Yes, I think the scale on the gold colored necklace and earrings is better.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Re: Please give me ruthless criticism about my handmade clothes for Silkstone Barbie

You *could* use just classic pearls--they are neutral and go with anything. It's something to think about. How much do you think the various jewelry adds to each outfit? If the answer is a small amount, just go with the classic pearls. If you feel that the jewelry really completes the outfit, then make different ones.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Coco Chanel used to say that before a woman left her house, to remove one accessory.

In the case of the 3 strands of pearls; with the third strand having the 3 large beads, I say leave it to 2 strands of conventional pearls. 

Your flowered print dress?  Most would say the flower print is too large, but I myself like it!   The jewelry is a problem for me.  Is it a must for Silkies to wear dangle earrings?  With the large flower print(and I do recall vintage dresses back in the day having large flower print), I would consider something other than danglies.  I still like just the classic pearls.  I do like this complete outfit.

The first dress in this showing, I really don't care for the row of beads around the neckline of the dress.  It seems to make it top-heavy.  But, this is all my personal opinion.  Someone else could come in and say they love it.

The smaller beads are working better in your earrings.   Too bad we can't ask Coco.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

AMAZING  OUITFITS  AND  ACCESSORIES  !! I  AM  70   IN AUGUST  AND  JUST A  BEGINNER  BARBIE  COLECTOR....WOULD  LOVE  ANY OF  THESE  FOR MY  DOLLS !!!

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

You are absolutely right. I think I will use classic pearl mostly now and let's see result. I mean interest of collectors) 

Thank you for your comments!

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Thank you for detailed comments!
I'll remember this Coco phrase 🙂 Purity of image not always means boring. So I'll try use less such decorating like row beads or brooch or rosettes. Probably would be better to make draped bodice sometimes.
And you are right about earrings. I need to invent how to make it more authentic.
Thank you again!

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Thank you very much! And enjoy your new hobby 🙂

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I have a different opion than others......i think your work is fantastic.  I wouldnt change anything, especially the bows on the shoulders.   People like lots of details.   Keep doing what u doing and dont change your style.   

chery

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I love your fashions.  They look very professional and tailored.  I know its very hard to accessorize Barbie to scale, but you have done a very good job in most of them.  I can not wait for the opportunity to buy some of your fashions.  That is when you will be able to judge people's true opinion.  Good luck.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I absolutely love them oh i gotta start shopping with you . I just ran across your thread while looking for the old barbie chat board they changed it and im so glad i clicked on yours . Where can i find your beautiful creations for my silkstone barbies i have about 12 of them well 13 ones in the mail 

Barbie collector and fanatic
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Beautiful!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply