Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

Oh 4TD!  Your little red head is a spicy one!!  I love her!  Those bubble wigs can be something else to try to work with.  Had one that I just ended up giving it awaySmiley LOL  Even as a kid, I was not too crazy about the bubble wig and apparently lost it or something, because I do not have it.  It was platinum though as I recall.  They must turn colors as they age?  Yours is not so bad, but the outfit you have on the FQ is so very pretty! 

I'll share a little secret on the face paint.  I am still practicing.  I bought the smallest brush you can buy and that still did not work for me.  I am just not steady enough these days & those bristles want to go where I don't want them to!  What I do is water the acrylic down a bit and use the pointiest round toothpick I can find.  Give it a try.  Do some practice strokes on something else to limber up and to check on the paint.Smiley Wink  Let me know how that works for you.

Still deciding on the outfit..............

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1396 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Barbpicksadress.JPG

Young Barbies are picking out some clothes....

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1397 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Thanks for the tip Shirleys.  I'll try it out.  Kathiec also suggested copic markers.  I still have not been able to find these in stores and they are expensive on-line.  It is likely worth the investment though and I wonder if drawing on the face is easier than painting for people like me.  I'll practice with the diluted paint and toothpick and let you know how that goes.  I have to say it again, you did a knock out job on your red head and I can't wait to see her all dressed up.

4touchdowns

Message 1398 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Some finished up dolls to share.  

Bubble with awful 80's hair-do and tacky orange lipstick to match. I should have really bedazzled and glitzed this one up in hindsight.

Message 1399 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

I really like the outfit and hair on this doll.  I should have painted her lips pink!  What was i thinking?!

Message 1400 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

4TD ~  Oh, I don't know.  I kind of like the 80's look barbie.  The hair is sleek looking and she looks 'fresh'.  But I can also see a bedazzled looking gal too with the sleek hair do.

Love the 'big hair' blonde and her outfit.  Seems their hair is easier to work with and can make look so nice.

The original color of lipstick on the barbie I just finished is the orange-red color.  I fully intend to repaint them the same color, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get the right mix of colors to match and usually end up with the color I painted on this one.  I have tried to find those pens too and can't.

Barbie is all finished.  Her blue dye stain is completely gone.  I need to dig out another bubble I have that had a red stain.  I never did get it all out so maybe will try to work on her again.  Was going to get her dressed today, but just did not have the time to mess with dolls todaySmiley Happy

Message 1401 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Effie.JPG

I did also get this Effie doll.  She goes with Katnis from the Hunger Games.  I like everything about her except for the dress.  It is that hard and crackly paper-like fabric.  Even a metal snap on the belt, but dress has velcro of course.  I think Mattel did a good likeness of the character.

Message 1402 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Effieface.JPG

Close-up of her face.  I did remove the outfit so could put her on a modelmuse body.  Putting clothes on these dolls is getting harder to do all the timeSmiley Tongue

Message 1403 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Effientwilight.JPG

Here she is with new body(can't tell since not full body pic).  She looks great in the vintage(not repro)sunglasses altho I see they are on a little wonkySmiley Embarassed

Message 1404 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hello Barbie loversSmiley Happy

OK.  Finally got my re-do Titian dressed and will post some pics.  I have her paired with my fav Bubble that I picked up for $5.  It takes me entirely too long to find what I need to dress the dolls in, get them dressed, and take pictures that don't come out blurry.  One is still blurry, but at least can see her footwearSmiley Happybarbsinkimono.JPG

Message 1405 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

barbkimo2.JPG

Aren't they cute?

Message 1406 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Decided to add one more for kimono group.  This gal wears a Mulan k.

3barbkvert.JPG

Message 1407 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Spoiler

Shirleys - they are stunning and the red head turned out great!  Where did you get those kimonos?  I really like the red one.

Message 1408 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Anyone know what that 'spoiler' block is that showed up in my post?

Message 1409 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

4TD ~ I don't know what that spoiler is, but if you click on the icon that is beside ABC, it will insert the spoiler tag.

ThanksSmiley Happy  The red kimono she is wearing is from the Barbie & Ken Travel Costume line; 1964.  "Barbie in Japan"  #0821.  It is missing all the accessories...3 hair ornaments, thongs  with socks attached, a samisen(musical stringed instr), & folded fan.   The kimono came in a lot I found at the flea-market and found the obi in a separate lot.  Had NO idea what the obi even was because it looked mishapen.  Almost parted with it until I found the kimono later and looked it up.  So whatever you do, don't part with anything until you figure out for sure what ya haveSmiley Happy

Message 1410 of 9,230
latest reply