Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

Your Ken is really different Shirley--he IS pale like the first Barbie's!   Makes him special--cute pic too.  🙂  I actually used to have a #1 blonde PT Barbie.  My aunt gave her to me--she bought her new when they first came out.  She still had her original box and stand with the prongs, too.  I played with that Barbie quite a bit and was careful until I accidently stepped on her head and broke the neck knob!  Years later I sold her with the box and stand to a dealer for $2,300.  The dealer said the stand was hard to find in such nice condition and could sell for $1,000 by itself.  I used the money to help offset the purchase of my new horse--a real one I still have to this day.  He is a sweetie.  🙂

Message 1141 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

I like this Ken too! Looks like prom night.

Stormhorse-  good trade... Barbie for a sweet furbaby  🙂

Debra
Message 1142 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hi everyone-whole household feeling under the weather-love the vday pics-heart

Message 1143 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

hi everyone~

awww Tina, am sending all good vibes your way ~ get well soon!

and big HUGS to anyone struggling with this dramatic winter weather

spring is coming... 🙂 Diane

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/alongway99/Hugs%20Animations/SeasonWinterHugsNKissesHeartSnowman.gif

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1144 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Storm, Debra, Tina, Diane!  Hope you all had a nice 3 dayer!

Storm ~ I remember somewhere back in time that you had said you loved horses.  Not only do you have Breyers, you have real ones too!   Oh wow you had a #1 as a child.  Awesome.  And even damaged, she still got you a horseSmiley Very Happy

Tina ~  Hope you all get to feeling better soon!  My brother has been rather sick too this past week.  Type A flu.

Diane ~ Spring is on it's way here Thursday.  Thunderstorms, damaging winds and isolated tornados all possible since we are warming to the 70's that day.  Here we have had pretty cold temps this winter in the single digits.  We were just freezing this morning.  I think I could stand a little winter for abit  longer becuz bad storms kinda freak me out.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1145 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Love looking at everyone's pictures here!

Stormhorse -  I really like your snow scene pictures.  So beautiful! Those are fabulous pictures of Barbie and her sled dog with cute coordinating outfits!  They inspired me to go out and take a quick photo of one of my gals going on a winter walk before all the snow melts away here.   We're going to hit 40 degrees soon - yay!

Barbie winter walk

Message 1146 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Debra and Shirley--oh yes, I love my horsie's!  They are so much fun and worth every cent.  🙂 

Angle--Thanks so much!!  I'm glad you got inspired cause your American Girl pic is terrific!  Seriously, she looks great in her winter outfit out in the snow.  Love it.  🙂

Message 1147 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Storm ~  I loved it when we were on the last page.....every time the page opened, it was to your Barbie and her sled in the snow.

Angle ~  Your AG is pretty.  I like the blondes with butter lips.  Love the outfit!  Very nice photo.

I got Sports Illustrated Barbie in the mail today from Target.  She is nice and thought it was something new for Barbie to do although it seems there are some folks not too happy about it. (Barbie in a men's mag; swimsuit edition).  DH went to the bookstore to get the magazine last night. Since they had not put the mags on the shelf yet, they went through all the boxes looking for the mag that has the cover wrap with Barbie.  There were only 1000 of those released.  I just thought it was nice of the guys at the store(and my DH to run out)to look for it.  I wonder when BC will have her and what they will charge? 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1148 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Why thank you Shirley--glad you like my pix!  And that was very sweet of your DH to do that for you.  The magazine may be worth something in the future so how cool is that.  I'm not sure if it is a bad thing for Barbie's image--I guess it might be.  But I'm pretty sure she is covered up more than most of the SI models--right??!  😄

Message 1149 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

I only like pictures of snow when Barbies are included...LOL !!

Shirls-you will have to show us pics of SI Barbie......not only are the usual suspects outraged BUT even collectors are complaining-everything from gluey head syndrome to ill fitting swimsuit to not liking the head mold.  This gal can't seem to catch a break.....

I thinks she looks cute and I love her facemold.

I'm excited about the Girl Scout Barbies coming this summer.

Message 1150 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hi Storm

Hi Tina

I intended to take a pic of her today and totally forgot.  I will get one of her tomorrow(Friday is my play day) and post it.  I LIKE the doll.  However, the one thing I did notice as soon as I had her in my hot little hands, was the fact that her swimsuit does NOT fit well.  It looks as though it was sewn for the more well endowed Barbie. (maybe someone changed their minds about which body to use?) Other than that, she is fine with me. I'll have to check for this 'gluey head syndrome' Smiley Tongue  Mine is staying in the box anyway. She could have been made to look more.......what.....seductive?  But she has a fresh look to her and the mold used depicts that happy, fresh, Barbie who is comfortable being Barbie.

Has there ever been a Girl Scout Barbie?  Not that I know of anyway.

Message 1151 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

@stormhorse wrote:

Why thank you Shirley--glad you like my pix!  And that was very sweet of your DH to do that for you.  The magazine may be worth something in the future so how cool is that.  I'm not sure if it is a bad thing for Barbie's image--I guess it might be.  But I'm pretty sure she is covered up more than most of the SI models--right??!  😄

I know.  DH went right out for it.heart  So cool of the place to dig through their boxes looking for the mag with the 'cover'.  I don't know that it will hurt her image.  She looks too 'Barbie' to have her image marred.  Maybe that is why the head mold she uses was chosen.  And yes, she is coveredSmiley Wink  I told DH they could have made the box horizontal and had her lying (or some other pose)insteadSmiley LOL

Message 1152 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

SIlongshot.JPG

Here she is!! I think you can see her swimsuit fit in this photo.

Message 1153 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

SIrealclose.JPG

Message 1154 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

SIitiswhatitis.JPG

Message 1155 of 9,230
latest reply