Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

Yay!  Diane showed up tooSmiley Happy  The more the merrier they say.  Gotta keep this place from becoming a ghost town.

I remember this gal with her pony tail.  I just love that side view. The dress goes with her pretty well.  She has the Kira head mold too, but didn't this doll go by a different name?  Gets confusing when mattel uses one head mold for several different dolls.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1531 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

IMG010.JPG

Who is the clone/knock-off doll in the middle?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1532 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Kira really gets around

Message 1533 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

try this again.  Got the message to correct highlighted areas and then did not post the pictureSmiley FrustratedMulanCPT&MA.JPG

Message 1534 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

asian.JPG

Kira gets into martial arts movies

Message 1535 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

B&KHaw.JPG

Kira and Ken travel to Hawaii

Message 1536 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Diane and Shirley! Imagine my delight to see all these gorgeous Kira pictures! I'm a good Kira-fluence lol. She really is my favorite. The Kira in Hawaii is beautiful! Is she Butterfly Art Kira? Diane I love your Kira's gown:)
Message 1537 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Thank you for the kind words, Shirley:) I'm happy to be a part of this community. As for learning, I think that my pictures are just evolving as my collection does. But, I do draw a lot of inspiration from other doll photos and collectors, so maybe that is starting to shine through. I have never considered myself especially creative, but maybe I am? I don't know:) Just when I think I'm ok I see something from someone else that blows my mind! And then I'm like, oh man I stink:)
Message 1538 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Some pics! Yes I got a new Kira:) Surf City Kira. The Kira and Midge from that line are exceptionally gorgeous. Anyone have either?
Message 1539 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hey Ash!

Thought you could enjoy some Kira shotsSmiley Happy

Yes the Hawaii Kira is butterfly art.  At times I think of changing her body, but I like the full busted bodies for some of my dolls.  I like your 'new' Kira.  Her eyes (size and paint) look natural and that is what makes that Kira so pretty.  I had a BUNCH of Kiras but kept only the ones with more natural features.  Kept one BIG EYED doll just because she has such beautiful long black hair, skin tone, & lovely red lips.  I think she was the Hawaii DOTW to start out with.

What is so neat about sharing our interests, etc. in Barbie dolls is that we share what we do and that inspires someone else.  At the same time, I can be inspired by someone else, so the sharing goes on.  Whatever you have learned from someone else, you are picking up on it very well and now has become your style.  The photo of the kiss about to happen is very nice.  I used to spend more time(a few years ago) with posing dolls and dioramas, etc. but it does take a lot of time, patience, steady hands, good stuff to work with and a good camera eye to catch the atmosphere which you have developed pretty well JMHO.  You have been at this a far shorter time, and I am learning from you.  So important to have others share same interests; keeps the interest up and keeps us going.

Message 1540 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Nurse ~  You were asking if anyone was going to purchase the Lagerfeld Barbie?  She is already sold out.

Message 1541 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Shirley! Oh my, I read that she sold out in 7 minutes, and people are already listing her on ebay for 3 grand. There is a lot of drama talk on forums about this doll!!
Message 1542 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Prolly shouldn't say this, but that is pure lunacy.  If I am going to spend 3 grand on a doll, it is going to be a #1.  Besides, i would not have paid the $200 for her in the first place.  Must be about the designer.  So what is the drama?  That I must knowSmiley LOL

Message 1543 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

AliceQ&Rabbit.JPG

go ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall

Message 1544 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

bopeepX.JPG

Message 1545 of 9,230
latest reply