Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Foreclosure house is looking good!  Very inspiring...  I started work on my GW house.  It needs a bathtub... and a laundry room .  I'm thinking about adding fourth story...  Barbie needs a bigger bedroom and closet  so the patio will have to be on the roof.

I like the new fashionistas -  I have a couple ( that I can't seem to part with)  wish they were articulated.

Here is the GW before - kind of empty ( except for dolls)

DSCN6287.JPG

Debra
Message 2206 of 9,230
latest reply

Can't wait to see what you do with your house.  I bet it's going to be pretty neat as I see what you can do with doll stuff.

I wanted that little tub in that bathroom!!  It was going to work one way or the other.  Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to put the washer and dryer and right now I am drawing a blank.  Only place I can think of is the dining room where I just put the new black and white 'tile' floor.   Might fit in the Palm Tree cove house.....Everybody can just load up their laundry and haul it to the beach houseSmiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2207 of 9,230
latest reply

One thing I noticed when working with these doll houses.....it doesn't take much to make them full.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2208 of 9,230
latest reply

My Dolls may just have to go to the laundromat..  no room in the GW house for a washer and dryer

Ken has been hard at work installing new wood floors

IMG_0201.JPG

Here he is explaining how difficult the installation was  but all Sweet Pea wants to know is why his feet are on the coffee table.

IMG_0207.JPG 

Debra
Message 2209 of 9,230
latest reply

Nice job Ken!!  But he is so full of it, isn't he?  You and I both know you did all the work and he sits back taking all the creditSmiley Very Happy   What a difference the wood floor made!  Did you cut strips of contac paper or is that something else?  That is what I had done for the cardboard house and I decided I was not going to go to all that work again.  Love the little wine cabinet you have there and I really like the white door to the left and behind Festival. 

Pretty cool and now maybe you have inspired me againSmiley Wink   My husband says this is how it works for doll people.....that we "infect" each otherSmiley LOL  He says I didn't get this sickness until a friend of mine "infected" me and now I am infecting others.  Ha! 

Message 2210 of 9,230
latest reply

inspired.. infected... yes, both seem accurate Smiley LOL

so I ( er Ken)  used wood veneer, cut into strips for the floor but Im thinking I should have used contact paper.  Maybe for the tile floors in the kitchen and bath..

IMG_0231.JPG

Debra
Message 2211 of 9,230
latest reply

Was looking at Palm Tree Cove house... where could the washer and dryer go?   They can't displace Midge and her fishing gear... the chicken is a hoot!   

The Olympic Barbie is so cute -  Im surprised Mattel didnt market her for the Rio games. 

And wow your Pocahontas!  you did a great job with her display,  so much to see..  love the Breyer horses, and the tiny pots and baskets.  How do you find the right scale?  I find stuff but its seldom the right size.

I did find this while thirft shopping this weekend.  Got a chair and table set ( which I think originally came with your forclosure house Shirls). and two salt and pepper shakers with tiny serving trays, one crystal and one silver

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

Debra
Message 2212 of 9,230
latest reply

In the same "bag o Barbie furniture" found a dressing table ottoman and chair and bed.  Im thinking the big dressing table will have to go..  then maybe I could have a laundry room.... hmmmmmmm

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

Debra
Message 2213 of 9,230
latest reply

Thanks!  The Indian display has been one of my favorites and probably one that has stayed up the longest.  It has taken awhile to find all the little things.  The rug and one pot I found in New Mexico.  Haha!!  There are several flea markets and thrift stores in this town and I always keep my eyes open for little stuff no matter where I go.  After awhile, you get an 'eye' for the stuff; like your S&P tray set.  The tray is perfect!  In fact, I think I have identical S&P shakers, ha!  No tray.  I do have the silver one though.  Isn't it fun to find?Smiley Happy  As much fun as finding a doll you like only a lot smaller and less $.

I have looked at listings for the Foreclosure House just to see what it was supposed to look like and for what was where.  I think you are right, that is the table and chair set that belongs in FC house.

Message 2214 of 9,230
latest reply

The wood veneer looks pretty good and maybe more realistic.  Does it stick down good?

You have a Farrah doll!  I looked at her I don't know how many times and decided not to get her.  My friend back home bought the doll just to get the blanket!!!  She looks great on the bed, ha!  Several years ago, I saw a listing for her.  Someone had repainted her teeth and she looked pretty awesome.

Nice find on the furniture.  Always kind of liked that bed.  The chair...you mean the black chair with white seat?  That is a great find!  I see you have a beagle dog! Didn't know Barbie had a beagle though she has had a lot of different dogs.  We just got a real one last November.  She is the neatest little dog.  So loveable!

I like the big dressing table.  Love all the little stuff; esp. the fingernail polish!  The lights around the mirror really work don't they? So, if you put your laundry room there, it will be by the bedroom and you know how Barbie likes to glam.  Will she be willing to lose her glam space to a laundry room?Smiley Very Happy  My own laundry room is off the kitchen.

The laundry room.  I don't know where I am going to put it.  There really is no room in the little Palm Tree Cove beach house.  The only place I can think of in the FC house is where the dining room is(the black and white tile floor room).  Leave the table and chairs in the kitchen.   Only other option is to set up the laundry room as a shelf display.   I found a tiny, tiny, loaf pan(a real one) this week-end and am thinking of using it to make a big sink.  I need to make a cabinet for it. I have a faucet set that I tore out of another small house that I took apart for parts.  If I add this sink cabinet(for Barbie's fine hand washables) to the laundry set, I am going to need an even bigger area.  Going to have to think about this for a bit.

Cool stuff you found and I like the blue & pink flowered rug.  Also, did you hang the curtains by the bed?  I like that.  Curtains can add some warmth to these houses....it's just figuring out how the world to hang them! (and worse yet, how to make them).

Message 2215 of 9,230
latest reply

MTMBox.JPG

Message 2216 of 9,230
latest reply

SinkNew.JPG

Message 2217 of 9,230
latest reply

Sink&Washer.JPG

Message 2218 of 9,230
latest reply

I did get the MTM out of her box, but she is still sitting on the bed.

Decided to get busy and make the sink.  Used the little mini loaf pan I found.  Couldn't find the kind of cardboard I thought would work, so used a kleenex box.  Didn't feel like running to the store for more contact paper, so left it as is.  What do you think?

Message 2219 of 9,230
latest reply

SinkCurtain.JPG

Message 2220 of 9,230
latest reply