Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Barbara wants nothing to do with horses and prefers the beach, wind sailing, and the hot tub.

BarbaraSail.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2131 of 9,230
latest reply

they all love the kitchen table......when are you going to get backdrops??

BarbaraHtTb1.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2132 of 9,230
latest reply

Barb&barHotub.JPG

That's all folks

(Festival Barbie gave up her bottled water too)

Message 2133 of 9,230
latest reply

When these playline Barbies came out, I really did not like them.  I saw someone's pictures of this type with the closed mouth and I was smitten, I guess. 

Anyone remember when they came out and what they were named?

Message 2134 of 9,230
latest reply

Yappy Barbie and Max are hysterical!  He just looks so annoyed...Liv looks scared,  but the new arrivals seem to fit in quite well.  Syd should be glad they did not steal her wardrobe. 

Not sure who the new face molds are.. Looks like Fashion Fever from around 2005??????

I am shocked by how many closed mouth faces there are..  Glimmer/Louboutin,  Mackie,  Lea/Kayla, Mbili, Tango, Godess, Kira, Karl, Mari, Nichelle  and of course Steffie

Debra
Message 2135 of 9,230
latest reply

Yeah, Max really looked annoyed didn't he?  What a hoot!  I had to laugh a few times while doing this.  Liv just looks terrified and those thick glasses just add to the whole thing!

You know, I was getting a little tired of all the super smiley Barbies, so I started to like the closed mouth.  I began thinking about how many there  are too and there's a bunch of them!  I may even have more 'serious' face dolls now than smiley ones.  But, I love Gabby/Chatty Barbie.  She is a big hit at parties!!Smiley Very Happy  I may have to look, but I think I have a pic of her at a party. 

Message 2136 of 9,230
latest reply

Figured out who 'Yappy' 'Gabby' Barbie is.  She's 'Talk with me Barbie Doll'  1997.  Came with a desk, puter, and chair for Barbie along with CD ROM to use on Windows 95..  I guess you could program her to say what you wanted according to selections on disc.   She sells for nothing now, but I bet in '97' when Windows 95 was in use, she wasn't so cheap. 

I like her just because of her mouth and her outfitSmiley Very Happy   So, I decided to take a closer look at her today.  Have had her for several years in the closet.  Found her at a flea market; just the doll.

GabbyOpen.JPG

Here she is with mouth open of course.  I guess her locket must have lit up when she was in use?  Love her outfit.  Apparently there were stickers little girls could put all over her jacket.  Thank goodness this one did not have them.

Message 2137 of 9,230
latest reply

GabbySide.JPG

There is no doubt that mouth can open.  When she was all wired to your computer and 'talking', her mouth would move.   What a hoot if she could have been programmed to say what YOU wanted her to say!

Message 2138 of 9,230
latest reply

Gabbyfront.JPG

Voice box in chest.  Note 2 battery compartments inside both thighs.  I didn't know these were there and should open the compartments to make sure the batteries are not still in there.  Could be some corrosion going on.

Message 2139 of 9,230
latest reply

Gabbyback.JPG

Must be another battery compartment on back side.  Also button for some reasonSmiley Very Happy  I think the little hole is where a wire plugged in.  Leg compartments again.  Her entire body is hard plastic and legs do not bend.  Head is soft vinyl on the outside, but inside is solid.  She is a hard headed gal. Won't be quiet for nothing.

Message 2140 of 9,230
latest reply

Gabbyclosd.JPG

Well, maybe she can be quiet.  Mouth closed.  End of story.  Valueless, but to me she is a hoot and a half.

Message 2141 of 9,230
latest reply

I've never seen Talk to Me Barbie..  She's very cool and must have been really amazing in '97.  I guess she is obsolete now even if you had the disc and the cables... How did you get her mouth to close? 

I bought "Hello Barbie"  but she only wants to talk about what she wants to talk about.. so she went back into her box.

I also remember Teen Talk Barbie  who made alot of people upset upset when she said "Math is hard"...  I guess Barbie not entitled to an opinion-  Smiley Wink

Hope the new girls are enjoying their new digs..

Debra
Message 2142 of 9,230
latest reply

You can manipulate her bottom jaw with your finger.  It opens and closes pretty easilySmiley Very Happy  Lots of practice.....

I think she would have been a neat doll.  She sells very, very cheap on ebay; even new in the box.   Wouldn't be able to do anything with her as far as computer use.  I love her outfit.  I guess there were stickers included that could be applied all over the gold jacket.  I'm so glad that didn't happen with this one.

I remember the hullabaloo over the 'math is hard' comment.   She still became an astronaut, a pilot, a doctor, a vet, and ran for President of the US....ha!

Oh yeah, they are fitting in just fine.  I am thinking about rebodying the one with the horse.  She can't get on it!

Message 2143 of 9,230
latest reply

Decided today was the day to get Brenda a new body so she can ride her horse.  She decided to stop by Barbie's favorite salon to get help in the search of a new body.   The hairdresser was very happy to help BrendaSmiley Very Happy

hairdresser.JPG

Message 2144 of 9,230
latest reply

BrenHairdsr.JPG

Brenda is pretty happy with her new body as she will be able to ride her horse now.  But, it seems she has to take care of a regular customer first!

Message 2145 of 9,230
latest reply