Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

I have the film director-  Love her outfit and you can’t beat $5. 

I really like the M2M dolls even if some have a bad case of glue head.  Still looking for the AA version-  I hear she may be at TRU as well as Target.

Very cool pic of DOTW Russian (with Brazil) and the reflection of the doll in the yellow dress. Interesting how unexpected things can really make a picture.

Syd with green eyes is gorgeous and she looks comfortable hanging out with Barbie’s Poodles and having lunch-  the scale looks good .. surprising thought they would look small next to Syd.

The fairies were worth the wait.. so much to see in these pictures.. super creative  and adorable.  Love what you did with their spiky hair!!  The cottage, bed and chair fit them perfectly! 

So what is going on with Barbies foreclosure house?  I have a 3 story Barbie house but it is very playline and I have no imagination so don’t know how to make it more realistic..

Decided I must have  Andy Warhol Barbie #2-  am going to order from a doll dealer can’t wait for the BC.  I am also getting Soda Pop ( from Willows) and the Superman, Batman Wonder woman trio.  Kind of disappointed you can’t remove Superman’s or Batman’s costumes.  Guess they don’t want to let us make a Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne.  This is going to be one expensive Barbie month.

Also shipping is a Tonner Catwoman-  will post pics on the other dolls forum when she gets here.

I have been  re rooting lately..  I got a badly damaged American Girl ( hoped she was a side part)  She wasn’t ( a side part)but she was in such bad condition that making her an OOAK side part could not possibly hurt..  And am re rooting a low color Color Magic  she had a really bad haircut so had to re root her entire head-  Its slow going  tedious… 

Hope everyone had a great dolly day.

Debra
Message 1936 of 9,230
latest reply

Playline - barbie house

DSCN6289.JPG

Debra
Message 1937 of 9,230
latest reply

Thanks Debra.  Trying to make a playline dollhouse look less playline is next to impossible to do unless you are willing to put a LOT of work and time into it.    For me it is anyway, because I like the idea of trying to maintain the original look of Barbie items or to make some changes that could be reversed.  I have taken a few pictures of the foreclosure house, but not all the rooms.  It is kind of hard for me to move it from place to place to get good shots.  Where it is now, it is too dark in the room to get good photos.  I don't like to use flash all that much.  I wish I would develop a better habit of taking 'before' pictures so can see what changes have been made. 

I kind of wondered about the 'costumes' for Batman and Superman.  I thought they looked rather 'rubbery'.  The only one of the 3 I am interested in is WW and that is because I have a few of them already.

I'm going to post some pictures tonight, but won't be the foreclosure house yet.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1938 of 9,230
latest reply

calendarval.JPG

Thought this would be nice for Valentine's day coming up.  It is the Feb picture from an older Barbie Calendar. 

I need to learn how to reroot, but not sure I would have the patience anymore to do something like that.  Finding an AG is great.  Love those dolls!  

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1939 of 9,230
latest reply

minidollhou.JPG

Little mini-house I made recently.  Found the furniture at the fleamarket.

Message 1940 of 9,230
latest reply

minihous2.JPG

Here's a close-up.

Message 1941 of 9,230
latest reply

forecloshouse.JPG

Here's the foreclosure house.  Should have taken a before picture:-(     This house had 3 floors with elevator all the way to top floor.  Could not get it to work past the 2nd floor.  Also has dumbwaiter between 2nd and 3rd floor.   At the 3rd floor had this arc shaped roof that held the cord and supported the elevator.  Apparently the house had fallen over and broke this piece in several pieces.  The house was pretty dirty and needed a good cleaning.   So, totally removed the 3rd floor walls(rooms) and the arc roof, and the elevator shaft.  The fireplace you see is one of the walls, but is now separate from the house and have it setting now as an outdoor fireplace for what now is a roof-top patio.   Hung a real mirror in the bathroom and since have added a bath tub and towels.  Placed a kleenex dispenser atop the toilet.  Button on back of toilet when pressed makes flushing sound.  Buttons also for light above sink, radio music, and Barbie singing to the music.  Next room to the right is supposed to be a bedroom.  Several pieces missing here.  Added soft cushions atop that purple 'bed' to make a seat.  Added a painting to cover the open window.  Put curtains on either sided. Added bright yellow rug.  Bottom floor left is kitchen.  Added or should say closed a whole open side and made a wall there.   Added a pink cabinet on that wall.  Replaced missing door on fridge bottom.  Added wild rug.  Trying to turn elevator shaft into area for just a toilet.  Need to finish this.  Can't really see what I did to the bottom room to the right.  Did add curtain and extra little white door that removed from another part of the house.  Added the rug and then an outer doorstep(pink) which is the top of a doll box. 

Message 1942 of 9,230
latest reply

forecloselivr.JPG

Living room.  The 'painting' is actually a greeting card cover that I liked.  Since had gold dots on vase, found the tan and gold poster board to create the backing for the 'painting' and to cover some of the playline graphics on the walls.    Have a 'bamboo' curtain to far right to kind of cover that huge open side.  Not sure yet what to do with the ceiling.   No sound effects in this room, LOL.  There is a door bell also and in the kitchen makes the sound for the food processor when press button on it. 

Message 1943 of 9,230
latest reply

foreclosepatio.JPG

Here is the rooftop patio.  Found paper to cover 'floor'.  Has river rock pattern.

Message 1944 of 9,230
latest reply

Jdollpatio.JPG

Another pic of patio after painting on the fireplace and also covering the graphics.  J Doll decided to join the rest of the guests for the open house. 

Message 1945 of 9,230
latest reply

WOW that mini house is amazing  so detailed  right down to the drawers, lamp and wash bowl.....Barbie is lucky to have it.

Forclosure house looks great!  I'd buy it...  Really like the living room with the gold vase picture..  very creative and not so much pink.. The roof top patio looks like agreat place to chill out..  Love the river rock pattern.

Here is a pic of the playline Barbie house with the director Skipper and Ken.  Next step getting outside pictures for the window.. and maybe painting the table and hutch (not pink)

20160213_150244.jpg

Debra
Message 1946 of 9,230
latest reply

So have you seen the new Barbie Smart house?  Kind of spendy at $299  but looks fun - I think it will be popular

see it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVM09nY_k0

barbie smart house.jpg

Debra
Message 1947 of 9,230
latest reply

I like this house.  It doesn't look quite as playline, less pink, and at least one other color.  I like the 'wood tone' tan for the windows and cabinets.  Though it looks like a lot of the furniture has to sit 'outside' because it is not a very deep house.  If it did not have all the technology, it would be more affordable.  Furniture and accessories look a lot better.  Thanks for posting this because I had not heard of it.

Message 1948 of 9,230
latest reply

Ha Syd looks great chilling with her two doggies and hot dog. Love all the little details in the pic 🙂

Message 1949 of 9,230
latest reply

Who knows what page i was replying about before, this thread seems to be glitchy for me, so I am seeing very cute fairies, a playline house for 300-wow-lovely Francie-anyway-how is everyone doing??

Message 1950 of 9,230
latest reply