Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Can not wait to see your fairy cottage Shirley,  I also am realizing how much I like the Katniss doll. 

So am getting my pink week list together:

Luciana, can't beat the price, last body style.

Tris, short hair, don't have any, seems cute-reminds me of my short hair days. 

Chile - she has a cute dog. Cool outfit, love her hat and I feel bad for the poor gal, Been there forever. I think I read somewhere she has the teen barbie sculpt. 

Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Message 1861 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Tina and Debra,

I couldn't get signed in last night.  Wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.  We went to Golden Corral for dinner.  Food was delicious and enjoyed the crowd of people.  I was doing pretty good as far as not feeling too stuffed until I tried a piece of chocolate/peanutbutter cream pie!!  How about you girls?

I went to a new antique/flea mall today and guess what?  I found the perfect little fairy cottage!!  It is very cute!  So 'woodsy' looking; rustic, perfect!  And the price was right too.  Didn't think i would find anything this fast.  I think it is supposed to be a bird house, but there is not a bird opening.  Someone must have enlarged the opening into a door shape and added a little window.  It sits on 'stilts' made of tree limbs and has a little ladder made from little tree branches.  One side of the roof is hinged, so can get to the inside.  Can't wait to fix it up but I need to investigate what fairies have for furnishings etc.  Next question; where am I going to put this??

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1862 of 9,230
latest reply

Tina ~  I think the Tris doll is nice!  She has been tempting me for awhile, but I have fairies on the brain right nowSmiley Tongue

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1863 of 9,230
latest reply

Shirley, wow how fast you found the cottage, clearly it is meant to be 🙂 

Can't wait to see it!

Placed my order today at bc, revised my list -

Getting Tris short hair

Four

Finnick  

Decided to get some boy dolls. 

Total was 18.00, not bad for three dolls. 

Did you guys see the Andy Warhol doll sold out @ Bloomingdales. 

Nothing I am interested in, got my short hair fix by purchasing Tris. 

This week will start putting up Christmas decorations. The boys are getting anxious. 

Message 1864 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Shirley and Tina,

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. The Fairy Cottage sounds adorable, it's satisfying to exercise the creative juices.   Looking forward to seeing it.

$18.00 for 3 dolls is great.  And if you had your eye on Blush Beauty, Zombie Bride or Lavender Lux..  BC is having a 25% off sale over $100 with Free shipping.

The Andy Warhol doll did not do much for me, Tris is cuter..

Going to start decorating today as well..  am on furlough so have some time ( although no money) to get things accomplished this week.

Snot is getting prepared for Christmas as well...

snot.jpg

Debra
Message 1865 of 9,230
latest reply

the haul arrived....

The bakery  was  around $13

20151130_114540.jpg

Double date was $59.  The swirl is so pretty,  I have to admit she's amost as good as vintage ( not quite)

20151130_114047.jpg

Four because the ladies need a boyfriend ,  he was only $11 and articulated so can go with the Made to Move Barbies ( if I ever find any)

20151130_114529.jpg

City Shine in Bronze-  Gorgeous, her eyes are close to the same shade as her dress .  Also only $11

20151130_114515.jpg

and Gianfranco-  who is kind of disappointing.  Hair is a hot mess and not a fan of the rolled up jeans.  Dude needs a makeover bad.  The mad men were so much better .. sad

20151130_114130.jpg

Debra
Message 1866 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Tina and Debra!

three dolls for 18.00 is a great deal!  Hate to admit it, I didn't even go look; guess was afraid I would be overcomeSmiley Very Happy  I have been looking at "how to make" fairy furniture.  So interesting!  Today went out in the drizzle to find some sticks and lichen to make a little bed.  That is about all that little fairy cottage room has space for.  Anyway, have the sticks, lichen, and some of those weird stringy things that grow from boston ferns.  It all needs to get dried out before I can use it.  Trying to decide if I want to put little linens on the bed or use artificial moss; flowers etc.  Going to make some tiny curtains and see what I can find to hang on the wall.  Would like to find a small 'wall' mirror.  Just need to look around and see what pops up.  I better go through the doll room first before I go shopping because I have lots of 'stuff' stashed in there I have picked up for some 'rainy day' project.    Sheesh, all this started with those 2 little disney fairies.

Debra ~  Nice haul you got there!  I got the bakery awhile back.  I kept certain pieces and sold the rest.  I think the double date set is very nice!  All the dolls look pretty good I think, but the swirl is really nice.  She has been tempting me whenever I see a listing for her.  You will like four.  The city shine doll I got was the curly red head.  I like her quite a bit.    Gianfranco...hmmmm, I bet Snot could whip him in to shapeSmiley Very Happy  Let her have at him and see what happens.

Message 1867 of 9,230
latest reply

Hey guys,

Shirley-love hearing about your updates regarding your fairy cottage, what will be next in your fairy land? So many possibilities...

Debra-nice haul. That bronze gal sold right out I see.  You are right about Gianfranco-sheesh. I do like that double date set. I have no swirls so maybe....

excited about Four, he looks pretty neat. 

What do you guys think about Sweet Tea?  I'm not sure-she has a adult body with a real young looking face.

My order shipped today, hoping by Thursday or Friday. I think I am most excited about Tris coming.  Fingers crossed she will be a cool gal. Certainly Snot won't think so..:)

Message 1868 of 9,230
latest reply

Tina ~  Oh my.  Looked in one of my artificial flower pots today and found another fairy!!  Forgot I had a little 5" Tinkerbell stuck in there!  She had fallen deep inside the bouquetSmiley Very Happy  Now I have 4 little fairies and this cottage is way too small for 4.  Tink needs to lose her 'original' outfit and wings for a newer look.  She has molded hairdo though and would rather she had hair like the others.  Even little Periwinkle has hair.

I looked at all 3 of the new dolls.  Sweet Tea is pretty nice.  I would like to see an actual doll or at least a picture.  The prototype photos can be a little deceiving.  Her hair is pretty; I like her little mouth.  Love the skirt but not so sure about the light pink blouse to go with it.  Nice purse and other accessories too.  I like the Jungle outfit, but not crazy about the doll.  I like the AA too; according to the picture she seems to be a lovely doll.  Would be nice if the clothing would fit vintage Barbie because Sweet Tea would look nice on a vintage doll.

I think you will like Tris.  I have seen her on the shelf and she is nice. 

Message 1869 of 9,230
latest reply

divergent&faerie.JPG

Message 1870 of 9,230
latest reply

Posted another pic of Four.  It is a little dark(on purpose), but I think he is a cool doll.

Message 1871 of 9,230
latest reply

So should be getting my group today,

Shirley thank you for the pics of Four, I am sure I will like him very much.

Feeling bad once again for our fellow collectors regarding Andy Warhol doll,

the waiting room is a disaster.

Mattel needs to fix that website pronto.

Message 1872 of 9,230
latest reply

I just came from the site so could have a quick peek at the Andy Warhol doll.  I like her!  Like I said, I just peeked in and did not realize the only way to buy her was through the waiting room ordeal!  Guess this is going to be the new way to buy all the neat dolls.  Not fair at all I don't think.  Too many people who really want these dolls to add to their collection are not able to get them.  I would actually like to have her myself, but I am not going to go through the malarky of the waiting room to get her....forget it.  And you know you can't try to pick her up here....$$$

Your welcome for the pics of Four.

Still working on the Fairies.  I am finding all sorts of neat stuff around here to make fairy stuff out of.  Got the bed partway done and will try to finish getting the bed frame together tomorrow.  I forgot I had a little gazebo in the flower bed out front of our house.   It is made of black mini-chicken wire(don't know how else to describe it).  So, now not only do the fairies have a pine-wood cabin-cottage, they also have a gazebo.  I guess this will be their little garden spot.  I am going to have to figure out a good place to put this fairy village......yes, it has become a villageSmiley Very Happy

Message 1873 of 9,230
latest reply

Yep I like them...

finnick.JPG

Message 1874 of 9,230
latest reply

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse at the BC, they pull a platinum sale today on this gal with very little notice, once again I am feeling so bad for so many.

I can not get my image to load....anyway its the ava doll.

Message 1875 of 9,230
latest reply