Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Debra ~  The hunt for any Vintage dolls in this neck of the woods has been a long-time hunt with few finds and long time between finds.  I keep my hopes up to run into a #1 or #2,or #3, and an American Girl.  Found a #3 head on a Barbie only body and about hit the ceiling over that one!Smiley Very Happy I think some AG's are so beautiful like the one recently posted here.

There are several older dolls I have that I am losing interest in.  I keep hanging on to them in case I change my mind, but I just don't think I will ever really like them as much as I thought I did.  Like the live action dolls......not really crazy about them.  I have a Casey that I am pondering parting with because I don't really like her any more.  Same with any of the talkers I have...tired of their limbs falling off.  Tuesday Taylor and several Tammy dolls I have I am also ready to part company with.  Have a Tutti that could go.  Since I don't list here, I know my chances of making any decent sale locally is out of the question, so that is why I still have all these dolls. Or maybe.......I'm a hoarderSmiley Very Happy  And if I do part with them, I certainly hope I would not buy them back!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1801 of 9,230
latest reply

Homecoming Queen has arrived.  White box nothing to get excited about.. 5500 was her production number  DSCN6999.JPG

Her hair is two toned.

DSCN6994.JPG

She comes with her crown, bouquet, homecoming dance tickets, and blue shoes

Not wild about her plastic white earrings..  but they wont turn her face green and they can be removed..  Hair has a few strays but it is soft and not overly gelled. Dress is really pretty.

DSCN6997.JPG

DSCN6993.JPG

Debra
Message 1802 of 9,230
latest reply

Debra-oh how I love homecoming !!  I think she looks so sweet and really like the inside of the box color.  Thanks for sharing the pictures, she really does look great.

Regarding evening gown, yes I am not bonding like I thought I would and it doesn't phase me a bit to sell her here. I figure I would get the best price here for her anyway, I am going to wait until September like Kathie said in another post.  The way I look at it, its one more out the door and room for another to come in. Once I pack them up and ship them out, I put it out of my mind and figure someone else will love them more than me.  No biggie, also I recently watched Hoarders and wouldn't you know, a woman had a doll hoard that took up the whole house, stacks and stacks of boxes, looked terrible. She finally realized she wasn't enjoying her dolls having them stacked up in boxes all over the house.

Shirley, I hear you with some of your vintage falling apart, limbs and such. I think that is why I have been really eyeing silkstones more lately and the repros, at the very least they are new and should not fall apart.

Message 1803 of 9,230
latest reply

I like the middle picture!  She looks so sweet but, kind of sad too.  She needs a hug 🙂  Love her dress!!! The color and all the layers...so pretty!

Tina ~  I am rethinking my collection for sure.  The number of dolls I have that I'm not really crazy about anymore is something I thought would never happen, ha!  I still have the brunette #4 standing here on my desk.  I found her several months back and am quite smittenSmiley Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1804 of 9,230
latest reply

hmm..  she does look kind of sad ..  Maybe that is becuase Midge ran off with all the men..Ken (all of them)  Ha

DSCN4456.JPG

DSCN4461.JPG

DSCN4455.JPG

Debra
Message 1805 of 9,230
latest reply

That Midge!!!  I don't think she is all that innocent.  I can remember when i was a kid, I had a blonde Midge and she was always sneaking around behind Barbie's back and going out with Ken!!  So, yeah, that may explain a few things!  Ken&Midg.JPG

Midge doesn't give up either......

Message 1806 of 9,230
latest reply

promwed.JPG

I'm sure Ken's head was cut off deliberately in this photo that is sure fire proof  he went with Midge to Homecoming.

Message 1807 of 9,230
latest reply

yep... that certainly explains alot...  some BFF she is....Smiley Very Happy

Debra
Message 1808 of 9,230
latest reply

Smiley Tongue

Message 1809 of 9,230
latest reply

I added the Prince out fit from Cinderella to my little theater collection. Now just need the  Cinderella outfits.  I got a new computer with no card reader so I can't download my pics from my camera.  Guess old pics will have to do..

Here is Barbie back stage and the dolls in their Arabian Nights outfits

DSCN4187.JPG

DSCN4177.JPG

Debra
Message 1810 of 9,230
latest reply

Here is the new Cinderella  bride doll-  redressed and with her hair down.  I love her but she is not a happy girl

Cyndi

Cyndi, redressed

Debra
Message 1811 of 9,230
latest reply

She is pretty!  She has the face of a New Yorker trying to hail a taxi.(bottom Picture).  I bet you could make her into a nice business exec. if you have a suit for her to wear.

I like your little theater pics!!  The outfit Barbie is wearing backstage is one of my favorites I don't have, ha!

Message 1812 of 9,230
latest reply

Taxi

taxi 2

taxi 3

Hey Shirley-  Here is the annoyed girl trying to get a taxi...

Debra
Message 1813 of 9,230
latest reply

Debra!!  I would give you 2 kudos for Ms New York hailing a cab!!  I like it!!!  Love the scarf blowing in the wind.  Nice suit 🙂 heart

Message 1814 of 9,230
latest reply

Thanks Shirley!  I am really liking Ms. Annoyed

Here she is enjoying (not ) a leisure activity.

golfing

Debra
Message 1815 of 9,230
latest reply