Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Thanks Shirley! I'm not much a fan of fussy dresses. I finally got the newest Skipper the other day- I'd been wanting one, just for fun. She came in a gift set with Barbie- the one that has Barbie's new face. I think Skipper looks adorable, but what's up with the one bent arm?! Ugh! The other pic is my 1MC Melody (Rhiannon) taken in my neighborhood.
Message 1711 of 9,230
latest reply

Nurse, are you a photographer too?  You're shots are fantastic!

Message 1712 of 9,230
latest reply

Thank you so so much! I have had no formal training, I just take pics of my dolls. I've found I've gotten better through practice. 🙂 I take all my pics on my iphone:)
Message 1713 of 9,230
latest reply

I agree on the photos!!  You have an eye for making them an artform.

I have noticed the one bent arm too.  Also some of the Style Barbies in the smaller box have straight legs(no bend).  I'm wondering if they are doing  a playline--modelmuse type of body style?  Not sure little girls will go for that since can't do much with the doll but have her stand.  Can't seat them because legs will stick straight out.  Kind of reminds me of the day when I played with Vintage Barbie(as a kid).  It always kind of bugged me that her legs would not bend.  Looked silly to have her legs just 'BOING' sticking straight out in front of her. 

I'm not much of a frilly gown/big dress type of person either.  I have had only one Holiday Barbie and I sold her.  But, I do like all the embroidery on Mutyas gown and I love the fabric laced fan!!  She looks feminine without the big dress look.  I think Mutya's dress has a print in the fabric  that has some connection with the culture? Something may be written about that on her box.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1714 of 9,230
latest reply

Some pics I can see Shirley, others I can not.

So one good thing about this winter, If I can even say that, is I went up to my attic to catch some leaking going on from the permanent ice jam that is happening. While I was up there I decided to open up some old boxes and YEE HAW found some of my old dolls. 

Here is Donnie and Marie and some of their groovy outfits.

DSC02660.JPG

DSC02669.JPG

DSC02670.JPG

DSC02672.JPG

DSC02675.JPG

Message 1715 of 9,230
latest reply

Also found some blow up furniture that I really loved and Nurse looky I have my superstar corvette, I need to clean it and of course some of the stickers are falling off but still it is fun and brought back great memories.

DSC02654.JPG

DSC02655.JPG

Message 1716 of 9,230
latest reply

How cool, Tina! That car is just waiting for a Barbie and her gal pal (or maybe boy toy) to hop in and hit the open road. Maybe they will cruise over to Shirley's place and hang out with Fisher Girl or take a Cali road trip to see me!!! Then the blow up furniture will come in handy! They'll be tired when they get home:) Thanks for showing us! I want a Barbie vehicle. At the moment finances are so very tight, I'm striving to enjoy what I own and use dolls I haven't photographed in awhile or at all.

Just for fun, though, I have been looking at photos of Silkstones. It's time! I would like to get my first sometime before Summer. It's been over a year now I've been collecting. I think my favorites so far I've seen are:

1. Lingerie #5, the AA gal
2. Highland Fling
3. The Artist
4. 45th Anniversary

There's a few more but at the moment I can't recall their names- my good friend has several and I have to look through her photos. I seem to recall liking a ballerina? That she had.

Hope everyone is staying warm, I keep hearing reports about this white stuff?
Message 1717 of 9,230
latest reply

Some photos- I have a strange shot of Skipper and Surf City Midge in an urban setting- I liked the effect I used though. I have my gal modern circle Melody, also taken in my neighborhood- I live in the city as you can see.
Message 1718 of 9,230
latest reply

The other two pics- Brunette totally hair discovering modern technology- and a sleepover with Totally Hair, Kira, and my only Hispanic faced Barbie- Brazilian Barbie/ wearing a handmade copy of a Moschino T shirt by a Barbie collector named Salvador Lopez Arriaga
Message 1719 of 9,230
latest reply

Tina ~  What a fun time in your attic!  Especially finding some of your own 'old' stuff!  Cool beans!

Ash ~  Keep experimenting with those photos!  A doll road trip sounds good.  Fisher Girl would be raring to go:-)

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1720 of 9,230
latest reply

Nurse-regarding silkstones, had three but down to one, they are neat dolls.  Some collectors buy them all, no matter what they look like. For me, they are so expensive, I really have to love one to purchase.  I have a few on my list of wants too.

Shirley,  yes it was fun in the attic. Helped my needing more dolls itch for the time being.

Here are some more dolls from the attic.

DSC02678.JPG

Charlies Angels, I know I had a Farrah but can not find her.  These are so cute - I love how little they are.

DSC02679.JPG

Poor Cher, I hacked off her hair.

DSC02680.JPG

Whats the saying-three heads are better than one???

DSC02681.JPG

Mego Jordache Doll, she is missing a arm. No idea what happened to it.

DSC02683.JPG

DSC02685.JPG

This gal was Tuesday Taylor and the top of her head could spin to either be blonde or brunette, I always thought she was pretty.

Anyway great memories for me, I am currently trying to clean all of them up and get accessories organized. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Message 1721 of 9,230
latest reply

Oh Tina, I bet you are having a good time with these dolls!  What a find and they are yours!  haha!  Brings back some fond memories, yes? 

Mego Cher is a looker!!  I have a Mego Wonder woman who looks a lot like the Cher doll.  They look so manish in a way.  I'll have to look through my old disc and see if i have a picture of Mego WW.  The 3 heads look in good shape.  The 2 outer Barbies are so cute AND pretty in their own way.  Who are they?  They almost look like live action, but I am sure there are others with that same 'look'.  I had 2 Tuesday Taylors but ended up giving one to a friend of mine.  Since I am trying to thin my herd some more am wondering if i want to keep her or not and just stick with Barbie.  I think I have a pic or two of my Tuesday.  The Angel dolls are kind of cute and can see how short they are compared to the door bottom there.  Looks like they all went wading or somethingSmiley Very Happy

Anyway, have fun with your 'new' dolls.  You are right about it curbing your need to go buy some more.  Seems when I dig through what I have and mess with them a bit, it does relieve that urge.  Unfortunately, it is only temporary.

Message 1722 of 9,230
latest reply

A242497-R1-10-14A_1.jpg

Here is Tuesday trying on some shoes.  I made the shoebox from a piece of Barbie cardboard.  Sorry I can't rotate this.

Message 1723 of 9,230
latest reply

A242497-R1-16-8A_1.jpg

Tuesday's profile.  I think I'm keeping her.....

Message 1724 of 9,230
latest reply

IMG010.JPG

Here's the other Tuesday with the blonde 'side'.  She had a whole different personality.

Message 1725 of 9,230
latest reply