eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
"Please enter a valid value"??

I'm trying to list my item and I have entered the title and where I want it to be listed at.  When I hit enter, it takes me back to  the "select a catergory" page and says "Please enter a valid value".  I don't know what else to mark, nothing else pertains to my listing.  Ugh, why do they have to change things. 

Other Answers: 6
genealogy_for_you
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

Hi. I too have the same ebay error & have talked to 2 supervisors & they told me the first time it would be fixed in 48 hours. That was October 2, 2012 lol. Niether person had a clue how to fix it & said ebay is getting calls off the hook on that error.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TRYING TO LIST AN ITEM TO SELL.  WHAT IS THIS "VALID VALUE"  ?   IF SELLERS CAN NOT LIST AND SELL THEIR ITEMS; EBAY DOES NOT MAKE ANY MONEY.  WHY IS EBAY MAKING IT DIFFERCULT TO LIST ITEMS?  PLEASE RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER....THANK YOU.  MY USER ID IS TOMMYGRASS

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

HI.  From your question I wonder if you just selected the main category & did not make selections all the way down thru that sub category to the last one?   You MUST do that & if you did not then you do need to do so.

This is nothing new with the exception of the add valid value wording in the error message.

good luck, Jim

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

did the same and the catagory is correct but still get "Please add a valid value.

I'm trying to list my item and I have entered the title and where I want it to be listed at.  When I hit enter, it takes me back to  the "select a catergory" page and says "Please enter a valid value".  I don't know what else to mark, nothing else pertains to my listing.  Ugh, why do they have to change things. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

A Boat propeller is listed under Ebay Motors- Parts & Acces-. Boats- Propellers.  What else is there?

papillon1125
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lacesplace

I think I've figured it out and it pertains tot he number of characters (letters in the title). When you initially type in a description to select a category for your item, it allows you to use more letters than the descriptive title does - however, it transfers that amount of characters to the title even though the value (number of letters) is too high. Delete some of your title and then as you type it out, the automatic feature which tells you how many characters you have left will kick in and prevent you from going over the "value". Stupid, but I think that's pretty much it. It worked for me.  Good luck! :smileyhappy: