• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
georgestobbard
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Will eBay notify watchers that an item has been relisted, even if the item's most recent listing resulted in a sale that was immediately...

... canceled and then relisted?

Let me explain further.... I had an item that had two or three watchers.  It didn't result in a sale, so I relisted it today.  A few minutes later, before anyone even began watching the item again, someone bought it.  However, four minutes after she clicked "Buy It Now," she wrote to me to request that I cancel the transaction because she didn't read the item description very closely and thought she was purchasing something different.  I agreed to the cancelation, filled out the online form, and relisted the item. 

What I'd like to know is whether the people who were watching my item two listings ago are now going to be notified that the item is for sale again.  I'm sure eBay notified them about the first relisting earlier today, but if they didn't even get a chance to renew their watch on the item, does that mean that they weren't notified a second time when the item was listed yet again? 

Accepted Solutions: 3
silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to georgestobbard

eBay does not notify watchers that an item has been relisted under these circumstances.

The only time that watchers are notified is if the auction ends with no sale and is then relisted.

And the notification is just a note on the listing  in the watcher's Watch List.

Community Member
Answered

HI.  What will happen is if they are still interested it in and do a similar search as they used when they found your original listing, your new one will come up for them.

Good luck, Jim

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered

To clarify, if the second listing was not on ones watch list, just the first relist, then no, they would not be notified.

Since each listing has a unique item number, each item must be on the watch list

However, if one is notified of the first relist of the item and he goes to view it after it has ended, he will see on the listing itself that the seller relisted that item or one like it. So it's possible for a watcher of the first item to see the second relist if all the cards are in place.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Other Answers: 6
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered

If a member opts in, yes he is emailed that a watched item is relisted. It's a member's choice, it's not automatic. But the "relist" feature must be used, not "sell similar".

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
georgestobbard
Community Member
Answered

Thanks, Mr. Lee's Deals.

Yes, I relisted the item rather than "sell similar." 

georgestobbard
Community Member
Answered

That's encouraging to hear!  Thanks, Mr. Lee.

georgestobbard
Community Member
Answered

Thanks, cuteshoes and silverstrad. 

I'm disappointed I've lost those watchers.  :-(  Hopefully, they will still find their way back to the listing somehow and maybe even buy the item!  :-D

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered

I have had items on my watch list that ended with a bidder.

If the seller relists - I get an email from eBay and there is also a note on the ended item that it was relisted.

Same thing if an item ended with no bids - on my watch list.

It doesn't matter if it ended with a bid or not - I still get the email from eBay AND see the note on the item.

BUT - from TWO listings ago -- NO.  I would not be notified UNLESS I had already put the new item on my watch list.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
georgestobbard
Community Member
Answered

Thanks, Jim!