eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Why don't I get new paragraphs in my description?

When I list an item, the description gets all bunched up into one big paragraph and is hard to read.

I have tried typing it in Work and cutting and pasting, and I have tried typing it directly into the description field.  I always get the same result.  Any Ideas?

Other Answers: 4
sjmiller6404
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwilliams115

Formatting in the description builder leaves a lot to be desired. You will just have to cut, and paste and fix.

leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwilliams115

Try holding the Ctrl key and pressing the '1' to single space, or '5' to space and a half.  That is how it is done with word, it might work here as well. this is one.

Here in answer center it does all kinds of weird stuff, try it with different numbers before you leave here. This is nine.
Keyboard, not numeric pad.
The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwilliams115

All of that neat stuff did not carry over when I clicked save. Sorry.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.
divwido
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwilliams115

When you type in word, double space the paragraphs and make sure you are not in the HTML description.