eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
danwaller
Community Member
Scam buyers are not paying. They set-up new accounts, then don't pay. My auction fails and I have to relist. What is their motivation?

I have listed a camera twice.  Both times, the winning bidder was an account established the day of winning.  I do not get paid and they do not respond to inquiries.  

Is there any way to refuse sellers that do not meet minimum standards, like time in EBay? 

Other Answers: 5
silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to danwaller

There is no way to block new buyers.

However, you can  use the "Immediate payment required" option. If you do, you auction stays 'live'  until payment is received..

plpmr
Community Member
Answered
in reply to danwaller

Your camera went for $1,545.00 less than 6 days ago and you call your buyer a "Scammer" in the false positive you left for them.

Your possible problems are -

No matter what your buyer can still pay as they are within the 8 day minimum.

You can get a serious policy violation recorded on your account for the false positive.

You will be charged full fees by Ebay unless you open an unpaid dispute. And if as you say you have sold it twice without getting paid - double the fees.

If your buyer does pay you have most likely guaranteed yourself bad feedback.

Learn the rules and never ever leave feedback for a non-payer.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to danwaller

Immediate payment required can only be used on fixed price listings.  But it might be worth it.

Although you cannot block new members there are other helpful block you can use. Go to Account, Site Preferences, Buyer Requirements and set them.

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to danwaller

Don't use the auction format.

List it as "fixed price buy it now" with "immediate payment required"

I asume you are opening "Unpaid Item Disputes" to recover your final value fees ?

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to danwaller

The option

"Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now "

can be used for Auction type listings with a Buy it Now as well as fro Fixed Price listings.