eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
On my auction style listing, how can i change the shipping cost to free shipping. I already added the cost to my buy it now price

I just made my first listing,i added the shipping cost to my buy it now price,i wanted to advertise free shipping, but it kept asking for shipping costs.How can i change my listing to free shipping

Accepted Solutions: 2
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cwkw91

You need to change your listing immediately.  You have the starting price at $ .99 with a BIN of $15.  BIN is not the same as a reserve.  If someone bids the BIN will go away & if nobody else bids, you will have to sell for 99 cents.  Start the listing at $15, that way your shipping charges will be in the price.

If you offer free shipping & only sell for 99 cents, with your fees, you will be losing money.

Change it before you get a bid!!!

=^^= Save a stray today.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cwkw91

I see you got the listing changed as suggested.  I wonder if that lantern is too heavy to ship for the $5 you have listed.  If it actually costs more to ship, you will be out that difference since a seller can't change the shipping after a buy is made.

Other Answers: 2
auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cwkw91

In your description of the lantern, you need to add the measurements. At least, the height. If not, someone will buy it and then want to return it because it wasn't as big as they thought it was.

Don't guess at your shipping. If you do, you will lose money. Sometimes the shipping can be as high as the price of the item. Pack the item in a box and if it is glass, it would be best to double box it.  At least, wrap in bubble wrap and put in lots of packing.

Then weigh the box on a Postal Scale or take to the Post Office to weigh it. Round all weights up to the next unit. If you take it to the PO, pick out a zip code as far away from you as you can. Use that zip code to figure out the shipping. It may be a little less when someone purchases the item.

It is best to stay away from International Shipping until you make several sales and learn how to do domestic shipping first.

Never print out the shipping label before the buyer has paid for the item. Always ship with Delivery Confirmation or if it is $250 or above, Signature Confirmation.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cwkw91

Did you check the box next to free shipping?  And it doesn't ask for shipping costs - but I would put flat: same cost to all buyers and then add the shipping method. 

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps