eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Is seller allowed to re-list item after I won and got refund from eBay customer support?

Hello,

I won an auction and duly paid for it. After few days the seller was asking more money for the shipping else he would not ship it. I refused to send him the extra money. He sent me a cancel order request which I refused. I opened a case in the resolution center he did not respond and I escalated the case to eBay customer support which issued me a full refund. Now I noticed that the same item has been relisted. I thought that the seller will not be able to sell the same item. But it has been relisted. Is the seller allowed to do that?

Accepted Solutions: 3
nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

You've gotten your money and your say-so in the matter. You have damaged the seller. But yes, the item still belongs to the seller and they can do whatever they want with it - which includes reselling it.

=====================================
If you don't stand up for something, then you'll likely fall for anything.
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

Now I noticed that the same item has been relisted.

If he still has the item, he certainly can list it!

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

The seller made a mistake by asking for more money. You did the correct thing by turning down the request to cancel, and you filed a case and got your refund. Good job, well done.

Why would that keep the seller from relisting the item? Of course they can. They have already been punished. The item doesn't disappear into purgatory after a case is closed.

Other Answers: 5
fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

You are in Mauritius. This is how the seller responded to your negative..

Accepted DHL shipping zone not 4 59 €. Money was refunded

Says right on the listing that shipping is 20 Euros to Mauritius.

You owe that seller an apology and if you were smart you should revise that feedback.

Sellers read your feedback left for other sellers. When  they read the comment you left for that seller they will put you on their blocked bidder list so fast it will leave smoking positraction burnout marks on the internet highway.

whering660
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

How would you even know he relisted? Stalking much? If you still want the same kind of item, find another seller.

divwido
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

Did you realize that the seller is in Germany and you are not?  Nor are you in the US.  Sometimes shipping costs more to other places.

Also, factual feedback, good or bad, is a better choice.  That feedback you left may hurt you.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

Sure, he can do that. It's not like the item is forever banned from eBay.

You've already hurt him in several ways. So you can just move on now. 

grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shrav11

The seller had to pay final value fees on the item as well.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.