eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
If I set my listings to automatically renew, will there be a listing fee?

I have maxed out my 50 free auction listings for the month. I have set the items that do not sell to automatically re-list. Will ebay charge me listing fees when te items relist?

Other Answers: 5
rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to deepblue836

Relists count toward the 50, so if those relists happen in Aug and you have already used up the 50, the relists will be charged the insertion fee.

Peace Love and Dachshunds
bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to deepblue836

Relistings are charged the exact same fees as new listings. If you have some of your monthly 50 freebies left, a relist will use one of those.

The above linked page about insertion-fee credits has a 14-point list about the criteria for getting the credit. Two of the key criteria are that (1) only the first relist of an item is eligible and (2) the credit is the lower of the two insertion fees (original or relist) so if either of them was free then the credit is zero.

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to deepblue836

"Ok, Thank You.  Now, if a listing fee is charged and an item does not sell, can the item be re-listed for free?"

Are you thinking of the 'listing fee credit'?

this is how that works.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee-credit.html

If you've used up your 50 free, then you always pay an insertion fee when you list or relist an item.

period.

If the above credit applies, then you'll be credited an amount to offset that listing fee, but that will be a separate transaction.

october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to deepblue836

ebay will tell you if your listing have a credit or not. If it's a credit  and no fee then "free/no fee". as long as you dont make changes where you'll get charged. to "add on" or different option to list where you have to pay the fee..

Community Member
Answered
in reply to deepblue836

Ok, Thank You.  Now, if a listing fee is charged and an item does not sell, can the item be re-listed for free?