eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
beesz
Community Member

Anyone get this Promo: Pay no selling fees, keep 100% of your earnings Aug 15 - Oct 31

Anyone get this Promo: Pay no selling fees, keep 100% of your earnings? Began Aug 15 -  ends Oct 31. By invitation only.  I just got it in my ebay messages.  Now, I'm wondering why they waited almost a month to invite me. LOL.  On second thought, it's probably because not enough of the first wave of invitees are participating. ROTFL.

Link:

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/nosellfees/

Some other Details:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is the no fee option promotion? The no fee option is a promotion that provides an option for sellers to be paid with an eBay voucher instead of cash from the buyer.  Sellers selecting to be paid with an eBay voucher will pay NO eBay fees and NO PayPal fees for their listings. eBay vouchers will be issued for 100% of the buyer payment, including shipping and sales tax, if any was added to the purchase price. How can I opt into this promotion? Sellers who are invited to participate in this promotion can select the option to get paid with an eBay voucher in the review page of the quick listing flow for every listing created. How are my seller fees affected? As a seller on eBay.com and as part of the no fee option promotion, if you choose to be paid with an eBay voucher for any item you list, you will NOT be charged any eBay fees. More specifically, you will receive a credit on your invoice equal to the fee; in some cases, the credit may not appear until your subsequent billing cycle. You will also pay NO PayPal fees related to the transaction. What happens after my item is sold? You will receive an email notification once your item is sold. When the payment is received, the voucher will be issued. You can then pack and ship your item. Are there any exclusions for the type of item I can sell and get an eBay voucher for during the promotion? Yes. Listings in Motors (except Parts & Accessories), Real Estate, and Business & Industrial categories are excluded. When will my eBay voucher be issued? Once a buyer pays and the payment is cleared, we will issue you an eBay voucher for 100% of the buyer payment. Will I get a new voucher for each item that sells? Yes. A new voucher will be issued for every item that sells as part of the no fee option promotion. Where can I check the details and balance of vouchers issued? eBay vouchers are viewable in My eBay under the Buy header in the left menu. How do I redeem a voucher?

1. Visit eBay.com and purchase an item (purchases from mobile devices are excluded).
  2. During checkout, the remaining balance of all your eBay vouchers may be auto applied to the total order amount. You may remove any eBay voucher you do not want applied to your order. Please note you cannot partially redeem an eBay voucher, unless the total order amount is less than the value of the eBay voucher, in which case, you can use the remaining balance of the voucher for your next transaction.

Can I use multiple vouchers to pay for an eBay purchase? Yes. See "How do I redeem a voucher" above. If you do not have enough eBay vouchers to complete a transaction, you will be asked to elect an additional payment method to cover the difference. Is there a maximum amount of eBay voucher I can be issued during the promotion? Yes. There is a $1,000 starting price limit for auction-style listings, and a $2,000 price limit for fixed price listings.   No seller will be issued more than $5,000 in eBay vouchers in a calendar month during the promotion. What happens if a buyer isn't happy with their purchase? If an eBay Buyer Protection case is opened by a buyer for an item you sold for which you were paid by an eBay voucher (because the buyer didn't receive the item or thought the item didn't match the listing description), the case undergoes special handling during the period of the promotion. If a buyer wants to return an item simply because they don't like the item, the seller may choose to refund the purchase price to the user with a private PayPal transaction. The voucher already received by the seller cannot be voided or returned to the seller in cash to cover any refunds. How long will this promotion run? This promotion extends from August 15, through October 31, 2013.   Will my eBay vouchers expire? No. The vouchers issued do not have an expiration date. Can I get cash for my eBay voucher? No. eBay vouchers are not redeemable in cash. You can only redeem them by purchasing something on eBay.com. Are there any other details regarding the use of my eBay voucher? Please refer to the terms and conditionsfor the eBay voucher.

Terms & Conditions for eBay voucher
  1. Valid only for purchases on eBay.com where PayPal is accepted.
  2. You must have eBay and PayPal accounts registered in the U.S. to redeem an eBay voucher. For security purposes, a credit card or bank account may be required.
  3. eBay vouchers must be redeemed in full, except in the limited circumstance where the total order amount is less than the value of the eBay vouchers.
  4. To redeem the value of an eBay voucher:
    1. Visit eBay.com and purchase an item (purchases from mobile devices are excluded).
    2. During checkout, the remaining balance of all your eBay vouchers will appear and may be auto applied to the total order amount. You may remove any eBay voucher you do not want applied to your order. Please note that you cannot partially redeem an eBay voucher, unless the total order amount is less than the value of the eBay voucher, in which case, you can use the remaining balance of the voucher for your next transaction.
    3. You can view the balance of your eBay vouchers in My eBay under the Buy header in the left menu.
  5. eBay vouchers are not refundable, transferrable, or redeemable for cash unless required by law.
  6. eBay vouchers cannot be used towards the purchase of eBay Gift Cards or eBay Gift Certificates.
  7. eBay vouchers may not be used to pay eBay or PayPal service fees.
  8. No expiration date or fees apply.
  9. The eBay voucher is not a credit, debit, or charge card. No implied warranties attach to it.
  10. Use of the eBay vouchers indicates your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
  11. Use of the eBay services is subject to eBay's User Agreement. eBay voucher users must be 18 years of age or older.
  12. eBay vouchers are issued by eBay Inc., which reserves the right to change the terms of the eBay voucher at any time, or to contract with a third party to administer this program.
  13. Arbitration: Please see the eBay User Agreement for a copy of the Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against eBay to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate.
  14. Applicable Law: This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Utah, excluding choice of law principles.
  15. No Warranty of Availability or Uninterrupted Use: From time to time the eBay voucher system may be inoperative, and when this happens, you may be unable to obtain information about the balance on your eBay voucher, or use eBay voucher to pay for purchases. Please notify us if you have any problems using your eBay voucher. You agree that we are not responsible for any interruption of service.
  16. No Warranty Regarding Goods and Services: We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased by you with eBay vouchers.
  17. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at 866-540-3229.

For information about the no fee option promotion, see related FAQs.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

Re: Anyone get this Promo: Pay no selling fees, keep 100% of your earnings Aug 15 - Oct 31

[ Edited ]
in reply to beesz

Sorry for not spacing between items enough.  I tried, but got a "Lithium error" msg saying that they had removed the illegal or invalid html.  Ok Lithium, whatever.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

Re: Anyone get this Promo: Pay no selling fees, keep 100% of your earnings Aug 15 - Oct 31

in reply to beesz
bees, I saw a seller mention the promo on SC. Sooo, if I'm reading this correctly, the buyer pays (who? eBay directly?) and eBay issues the seller a "voucher" (ie a credit on their account they can use ONLY to purchase on eBay.

Seller incurs no selling or PP fees (I get THAT part).

I wonder how they do the checkout transaction so that the buyer pays eBay and not the seller?

Is this an experiment to beta test payments being made direct to eBay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley

"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

Please use plain text.
dragonflymoon123
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

Wow....so they get to keep even more money, not to mention control.....am I being too suspicious here?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dragonflymoon123

Are they serious????

You make a sale--------------$$$ goes to ebay :smileyfrustrated:

Can I get the cash into my paypal acct??---------------NOPE, NADA, NEVER! :smileyfrustrated:

Who gets any interest generated by "my" money??---------------ebay, ebay, and your buddy ebay :smileylol:

Can ebay change the rules of the game midstream???--------- Why of course!! it is ebay after all :smileysurprised:

What about returns and such?---- seemed a little fuzzy about that! :smileysad:

What if a glitch wipes out the voucher system???-----------------UHHH ERRR! we're (ebay) not responsible! Thank you very much! Go talk to the 3rd party administrator!

MY, MY, MY! Where did that turnip truck go that I fell off of? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015
Lookng, from my understanding, buyer pays the same way they would for any item (to the seller), but after the payment clears, it would then go to ebay, who would then issue the voucher. From the promo info, it looks like it there may be quite a time lapse on your account for the credit to show up as it said the credit may not show until the next, subsequent billing cycle. However, the voucher is supposed to be issued to you before then. Confusing, yes. Who knows if it's a test on ebays part.

Cevette brought up a lot of good "red flag" points, especially the one about what if a glitch wipes out the record of your vouchers. Not sure I like that and, unfortunately, given the record of many past ebay glitches, the possibility of it happening is certainly there.

Please use plain text.
charleyroberts
Community Member

in reply to beesz
Makes your purchasing captive to eBay .... No upside really as eBay doesn't sell groceries or pay my mortgage via vouchers
______
Make your success happen.... not complain about your lack of success... it IS that easy
Please use plain text.
all*about*horses
Community Member

in reply to beesz
Interesting. Looks like an accident looking for a place to happen.

Wouldn't that force sellers to buy with their seller IDs instead of the buyer IDs they have set up?

Maybe they are trying to get buyers to become sellers but then your buying ID wouldn't be a buying ID anymore?

And how many people would get vouchers and then never redeem them? First you would have to actually find something on Ebay that you wanted to purchase! LOL
Please use plain text.
englewood_front_porch
Community Member

in reply to all*about*horses

This is a kind of comment or overall reply to all of the above comments .  I receive a lot of "stuff" from eBay.  Don't know what most of it means. Maybe I have not been involved in the monster for enough to happen to be jaded in my views yet.  But, so far my experience has been fairly positive. I am assuming that some of the disparaging views stated are by sellers.  Why would one say that basically there is nothing worth buying here if they are also vendors?  Is your stuff not worth buying as well?  Thanks to the market that eBay can potentially reach I can leave the craft fair realm and go national or international if I choose to.  I have only made one sale as of yet, but I expect things will improve. I also have a small line I have wanted to upscale and thanks to the things eBay offers I have been able to obtain items to upscale my line.  I do need to get busy and make what I wish to sell and I am very optimistic about what holiday sales will bring. Of hundreds of order I have placed I have only not received three and those were promptly refunded. May be I have just gotten lucky.  But, not every purchaser and seller have had such bad experiences. Just a comment. No judgements or ill feelings involved. Peace.

Please use plain text.
all*about*horses
Community Member

in reply to englewood_front_porch
I said there was nothing worth buying because I buy for resale and the only lots of what I sell (back issues of magazines) are being shipped Media Mail and the sellers won't ship any other way (magazines cannot be shipped Media Mail) so my vouchers would probably go unspent because I could not find anything to buy.
Please use plain text.
buy_gem_any
Community Member

OMG!   I am going to RUN!  from this as fast as I can. 

After hearing all the problems people are having with Globle Shipping I am so glad I never Opted in.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

There is no reason that this should concern a "buyer" as it appears nothing changes for the buyer! It all applies to the seller! I am both a buyer and seller and see no reason to allow ebay to control the funds from my sales! I can do that just fine by myself!

If I want/need to send a buyer a refund of any kind I must pull the $$ from my pocket, can't come from the voicher acct!! REALLY???

The ONLY PLACE I can use the $$ in the voucher acct. is to buy something listed on ebay! No thank you!

I can't convert the voucher $$ to cash in my paypal acct! Again no thank you!

I can't pay ebay/paypal fees from the voucher acct!!!!  REALLY????

Me  join this feasco! not in this lifetime!!!

It's a promotion now! Why? Whats the end game??  They are up to something with this idea, ebay nor any other buissness does anything without a reason that will eventualy put $$$ in their pocket! 

Please use plain text.
10000.lakes.land
Community Member

in reply to cevette63

No, MsB, this isn't something I received.  It looks too convulted for me, I prefer to keep things as simple as possible.

Laurie

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to dragonflymoon123

dragonflymoon123 wrote:

Wow....so they get to keep even more money, not to mention control.....am I being too suspicious here?

I don't think you can be suspicious enough on this one...but the most important question nobody asked above, can I transfer a voucher to my bank account from my PayPal balance? Of course, the answer is, nope.

Additionally, what happens to all the vouchers which will never be used for purchases, because the owner of the voucher (you, the seller to whom it was given instead of real money) gets sick, has an emergency of other kind? Yepp. ebay will have the (real) money from the buyer, and what you have is a virtual payment option that you may or may not have been able to use up. Good grief. Is this planet taken over by little green men, who set up their HQ in San Jose?

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to all*about*horses
horses, good point about having to use your selling ID to buy with these "vouchers" too.

Ain't happenin'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley

"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

Thanks to all who posted.  I had actually half way considered doing this, but after some points were made that I hadn't considered, I'm definitely not going to do this.

Please use plain text.
charleyroberts
Community Member

in reply to beesz
I wonder if my suppliers would accept getting paid with eBay vouchers?
______
Make your success happen.... not complain about your lack of success... it IS that easy
Please use plain text.
sunfarmer
Community Member

in reply to charleyroberts

Thankyou for sharing this mrs beez.   This is a new version of the company store.   Round and round we go and ebay winnings and the sellers loose. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beesz

I listed a whole bunch of stuff and the "Ebay Voucher" as payment automatically comes up in my listings. I changed all of them except for one listing, which I did not realize had the Ebay Voucher instead of Paypal. This listing was for an item that was $500.00. I sold the item on CL earlier in the morning and went right on to Ebay to take it down. Before I could do that, a buyer bought the item and immediately paid thru Paypal. I contacted the buyer, we cancelled the transaction, but guess what? There is no record of any transaction in my Paypal. Now there is an Ebay Voucher for $500 on my Ebay buying page. I contacted Ebay to ask them to cancel the voucher since the transaction was cancelled by both parties. They first said I had to issue the refund thru Paypal- who has no record of it on my end- and transferred me to Paypal and the line hung up. I then called Ebay back and spoke to someone else. They told me that I would have to reimburse the buyer with my own Paypal account. Even thought the transaction was cancelled and it is $500 AND PAYPAL HAS NO RECORD OF IT. They said that they "do not have the ability to cancel the voucher". I persisted and the agent put me on hold four times and finally came back and said that perhaps I should speak with the "Voucher Department". He gave me their number, I called it, was on hold for ten minutes and then a recorded message came on that said "We are unable to help you at this time- please try your call again later".

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beesz

This sounds like a variation on eBay Bucks, which — as charley points out — is also a way of creating a closed ecosystem: Buy on eBay and get a rebate, but the rebate takes the form of a voucher that you can only use to buy more stuff on eBay. I also think that sunfarmer is correct that this is also a variation on the company store concept.

I can see how it might work for some folks. But I agree that it's pretty convoluted, and the last thing I need in my eBay business is more complication. I haven't been invited, but I would pass. Especially since I already use my eBay Bucks to buy to resell on my buying account.

Please use plain text.