• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Monthly selling limits on ebay stores

Good day,

I'm a new ebay seller,

I listed a couple of fragrances and I sold 2 of them.

Now I consider opening a store, of course a basic one.

But there's one more point which considers me,

I see that I have a montly selling limit (with 10 items) or 500 dollars.

Well, as far as I read from the articles on learning center, selling limits continue even if I have a store.

OK. but, can someone tell me whether there's a monthly selling limit on a basic store or not?

What are these limits particularly, if any?

Cause, If it is, there will be no point to upgrade to a store..

I need to list lots of items to cover -at least- my monthly subscribtion fee..

Besides, as suggested on learning center, it will be feasible to list at least 50 items to benefit from the discount on listing fee cumulatively..

Your prompt returns requested.

Thank you everybody, in advance..

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

Hi,

You are a new seller and you have to get established by being here 90 days, feedback scores, selling items.

It may take a few weeks, but list as many items you are allowed each month and your limits will continue to go up.

You just have to be patient.  You can list variations in each listing,

ie..  Perfumes same size different scents. so that would cover one listing and so on.

Hope this helps,

storetjs

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

I have been on Ebay for ten years; and I am a very good seller.  Ebay puts a limit on me even after ten years - and one of the reasons is:  Ebay wants us to ship for FREE.  So they say the customer is lowering our rating even though they read about the shipping of basic charge which is very low.  They say that its the customer that is doing this lowering rating on shipping because they don't get it for Free.  So if we ship for FREE, ebay blocks them from leaving lowered ratings.  HOW REDICULOUS, and unprofessional of these games Ebay plays.  So let me explain again.  If you don't ship for FREE, EBay lowers our DSR rating, NOT the customer, and then puts blocks on us.  Even if you decide to sell everything dirt cheap.  YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A BUSINESS OUT OF THIS, cause Ebay will put LIMITS if you wont sent for FREE.  All the expenses are yours to run the business and once you start sending out for FREE, YOU are A SUNKEN SHIP, LIKE THE TITANTIC, trying to stay alive, and support yourself.  They don't want you to make this a business.  It mainly goess all to EBAY IN THE END.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your precious assistance,

As far as I understood from your messages,

Same limits will continue to be applied on my account even if I have a store,

Then it doesn't seem to be feasible to open a store unless I exceed 90 days and have some positive feedbacks.

If can list 10 items there's no way to amortize my monthly store subscription fee..

Ok. I can achieve item limits, by listing different kind of products for instance, listing deodorant sticks instead of perfumes..

But, monthly selling limits with 10 items or $ 500 will continue.

Well, it seems ebay does not encourage new sellers,

Morever "sell at least 50 items" sentence on store account descriptions in learning center does not reflect the truth.. Cause you won't be able to do that unless you exceed the limits and have a registered seller account.

Under these circumstances, I need to wait 70 days and try to sell something despite these limits..

Please comment if I understand it correctly,,

Thanks..

speedyshirtsandprints
Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

I have over 1000 postive transactions, been on ebay for over 2 years. I sell stickers, so I used list a bunch and sell a few every month. Not with these limits, they only allow me to list 30 items a month. 30!!!!!!!!  I called eBay 3 different times this morning to try to get someone who speaks english and they transfer you appeals department and wait on hold for over an hour each time with no answer!!!!!!!!!! Such BS.

belleoftheprom
Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

No your limits will not increase if you get a store.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

>>>selling limits continue even if I have a store.<<<

That is the answer to your question. The same selling limits will apply even if you open a Store (no matter what level).

Community Member
Answered
in reply to luca.outlet

I got a bizarrely headed FR%OMM002 - Important information about your eBay account SR# 1-4715928104 email last month. I thought it might be phishmail, so forwarded it to spoof@eBay.com. They replied that it probably was not from ebay!!!

Turns out it was a deceptively titled and written Seller Fees notice.

10 years on eBay, 3000+/99.7% positive feedback, and I am suddenly limited to 100 listings per month with no explanation? Called Customer Service, the guy had no information at all.

That is a third of what I usually do. I am a Senior Citizen downsizing, mostly my famliy's books, records, etc. to supplement Social Security, so this is a disaster. While some go for $100+, many are under $10, and more than half go overseas. No way I can afford to provide Free Shipping.

Has anyone successfully appealed this BS? Or is just more evidence that eBay wants to eliminate the small part-time seller?