eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution

Is selling on eBay better than selling on Amazon?

Is selling on eBay better than selling on Amazon? I am a new seller on Amazon. I am being crushed by all of Amazon's fees. How does eBay compare to Amazon. What are the pros and cons of selling on eBay? I have noticed that there is no email for seller support. Ebay's 'Getting Started' page is not detailed. I would like to have more information on selling on eBay before I become involved.

usmc*usnmom
Community Member

Re: Is selling on eBay better than selling on Amazon?

in reply to segnet332012

I sell on both venues and I can tell you that Amazon takes better care of BOTH sellers and buyers, and Amazon takes no foolishness from either group,  There's no buyer vs. seller attitude.  That alone makes it worth the fees. That being said, I don't sell a whole lot either here nor there, so I really can't give you much help.

My advice--before you start selling here, take several hours and read through these boards. You will find tons of information here that makes sense and is actually very helpful.

Everyone will have a different thing to say about Ebay, because every seller has different experiences. On my selling ID I have almost 900 sales and all have been just fine. Everyone's mileage will vary :smileyhappy:

soapsnstuds
Community Member

in reply to usmc*usnmom

I know a lot won't agree with me but I personally think the seller support on eBay is 100x better than over on the river.

Overall it's been an apples and oranges situation when comparing the two as far as ease at listing items, fees, etc. but if I had to give eBay kudos, it would be for that.  I'm not talking about waiting for an e-mail to be answered either but one on one phone conversations with the support staff.  eBay's folks seem to know immediately how to address any and all of my concerns while those other guys ALWAYS put me on hold while they seek information or consult with one of their higher ups.

motorgirl63
Community Member

in reply to segnet332012

Peggy works at the river NO seller support at all

fees are the same on both venues

I sell on 12 venues I can tell you things that sell on here don't sell over there and vice versa

that place is also a race to the bottom on pricing

I would like to do the bulk of my sales here because people often change the widget to the wrong information or fitments and customers are disappointed because part does not fit the motorcycle

My sales over there are 3x the volume now I hope they fix search here soon I can't find what I am looking for and I bet customer cannot either

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Community Member

in reply to motorgirl63

12 venues... Hmmmm.   I can only think of 2 other ones,  the rivers and that list guy.  Can you email me personally and tell me what other sites are out there.  I have some items that I can't list here at all and I need to sell them.   Thanks in advance.

Community Member

in reply to ms.rodriguez*

The river is a much better more reliable place to sell

Community Member

in reply to segnet332012

Amazon has no insertion  fee,,,so  people  selling 1000's of  items  it is  less expensive