eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Is it smart to list good til cancelled when you have only one item in the listing?So you are not constantly rerunning the items?

Is it wise to run single item listings as Good Til Cancelled in order to not to have to keep rerunning the listings? If you are pretty sure they will sell within 2 to 5 months? Thanks a Million, Lisa

Other Answers: 4
ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to body-art-fashion-2014

424designs has been lucky.  If you list at 99c you can very easily wind up selling for 99c.

I prefer to list items for 30 days and manually re-list them when I want to.  If you let your expired listings just sit in your unsold file for a couple of weeks and then re-list them, they look like new listings and I think maybe get more interest.  

If you list good til cancelled, you lose control over them.   You can't just edit the listing and change the expiration; you have to end the listing to get rid of the "good til cancelled"

clever_never
Community Member
Answered

yes, it makes sense.

Listing GTC will retain the item number and the views and watchers each month.

Relisting  loses that info.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered

When I was running auctions, my fees would be in the $800 range.

With a store, I list all items fixed price-GTC.  At the end of 60 or 90 days, I will END the listing and then start again, so it shows up as newly listed.  Now my fees are in the $300 range.

Community Member
Answered

That's up to you. I don't see any reason why it would be a bad idea.

Depending on the item and it's value, you might consider auctions. They tend to sell items much faster than "buy it now".

I generally post all items on auction with a starting bid of 99 cents with no reserve, and nearly everything sells at a good price very quickly.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy: