eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Differences between personal and business accounts?

Hello: I would like to know what are the differences between selling items using a business ebay account vs a personal ebay account. My business would only be listing about 12 items per month and it seems that opening an ebay store, the fees are much higher.

I am looking for a cost effective solution for my small business to sell on ebay 

Other Answers: 3
dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to djvignola

For just 12 items per month, a store couldn't be more wrong for you.  If you use the selling account with no store, you get 50 free auction insertions per month that store owners don't get.

If you will continue to buy, many will recommend you have separate accounts for buying and selling.  Use this account as your selling account, since it's the one with feedback, and use the new account for buying.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to djvignola

Unless you want your account to use your business name (for example the name of your brick and mortar chain of stores), you don't really need to register as a business - just use your personal account. Most sellers use a personal account.

You can read here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/how-to-register-business.html

october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to djvignola

I couldn't agree more with above responder. With new opening account for buying, you stil get and fast built Fb.perhaps. It is easier to buy and built your zero (0) fb then try to sell with zero FB.