eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

trouble uploading picture with Google Chrome

I recently switched to Google Chrome and now I can't find or use the Enhanced pictures. Sandy
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

Re: trouble uploading picture with Google Chrome

in reply to ducksoup42
Hi Sandy,

The eBay Enhanced picture uploader is only supported in Internet Explorer because it uses ActiveX scripting. Unfortunately, it is not supported in Chrome.

Do you use the Enhanced uploader to benefit from its imaging editing features? While you can't use the Enhanced uploader in Chrome, if you install Adobe's Flash Player 10 or above on your computer, you can preview, crop, and rotate your picture using the Standard Uploader, and best of all, you can use the Google Chrome browser. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ducksoup42
Tried doing this but adobe says google chrome already uses the most uptodate version of flash so it makes no difference!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ducksoup42

I have the same problem.

I noticed it goes away, if I send the page through email as a suggestions (when it relods back to page, after sending the email, it´s ok)...

I installed the "IE-explorer tab" in chrome (that´s the best I can do to solve the problem) but is a pain. And you are losing sales ebay!

Please use plain text.
shipscript
Community Member

in reply to ducksoup42

neytorres

Chrome is not a supported browser.

eBay actively supports only three browsers:

- Internet Explorer

- Firefox

- Safari

Chrome is very similar to Safari, so it will probably work most of the time, but eBay is not specifically testing all features on Chrome.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
Please use plain text.
grfxdecals
Community Member

in reply to ducksoup42

I use Google Chrome 21.0.1180.60 beta-m and never had a problem uploading photos using the Basic or Standard, even the Copy from Web or Self-Hosting works fine 1 photo at-a-time or all at once.

Maybe try uploading the photos without any plugins in Incognito mode:

Shift+Ctrl+N

it opens a new window so you have to re-login to eBay on that window.

--
Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
usw_trusted_seller
Community Member

in reply to ducksoup42

The issue is TIME involved. The enhanced photo editor downloads pictures MUCH faster. I just gave up on trying to use CHROME for doing ebay listings That is the only time I ever use a browser other than CHROME. CHROME has the best features of any browser.  Period. Hands down.  FIREFOX is what I use for doing listings - at least I can get some basic features and download the pictures fast and still have the enhanced tools in the photo downloader. IMO FIREFOX  is not good at all for general use - actually quite annoying at times with the way the tabs are set up, appearance, etc.  BUT it works for your ebay listing pictures OK.

There has to be some kind of CONSPIRACY - LOL - some kind of tension between eBay and GOOGLE in a business sense.... Otherwise, why wouldn't they want to do what it takes to be fully compatible with the most feature-laden and popular browser in the world?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to usw_trusted_seller
I found this page while encountering the same problem myself just now.

I am using Linux for the majority of my work and both Firefox and Chrome work well. The fact that the photo uploader works under Firefox but not Chrome just shows laziness on ebay's part.
Please use plain text.
dcamenschic
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to delphiniansys

@delphiniansys

I have the same problem with chromium. I can only upload image files on Firefox. One thing though, wouldn't it be laziness on the part of the developers at Google rather than ebay?

I would think so since you can isolate the problem to Chromium. I run linux too, so I'm wondering if this incident has anything to do with linux kernel's support for chromium and ebay.

------------------------

Who mouths inanity disorders thought for all who listen. ~Richard Mitchell
Please use plain text.