eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

ebay pictures very slow to upload

I have a single core processor and assume that this is the problem but I really do not know - when uploading pics I usually only have one other window open but thats it so I am not running tons of applications. Does processor speed affect picture uploading that much or is it likely ebays server being bogged down? if i upgraded to a dual core processor or something even bigger would this help. This computer is strictly for work so I am not gaming or doing anything else on it.
Please use plain text.
grandpatexhelp
Community Member

Re: ebay pictures very slow to upload

in reply to urbanarchaeologyllc
I don't think there's anything wrong with your computer, and yes, there is always a heavy load of new listings on the weekend.

Check to see that your images are somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 pixels, that's plenty big enough for all of eBay's sizing needs.

Upgrade your flash. You need Adobe Flash Player Version 10 for all the features on the Standard uploader to work properly.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

Use a good, fast web browser on eBay. You can add one and still keep what you have now if you like. Try this one out for speed:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/

If you think you could use a little tune-up and have the time, this simple guide will help:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Grandpa-apos-s-Workshop-Quick-Fix-Guide_W0QQugidZ10000000013138332

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

i have the same problem --  even after clearing the decks, it can take 25 minutes for three pictures.  last nite it timed out!!   finally i started loading them one at a time ... a complete babysitting nuisance, but at least you get it done reliably.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

oops -  forgot to add, this was not a problem at all about a week ago.  could be ebay has internal stuff going on -temporarily? - during their metamorhosis to amazon-likeness?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bewellturnedout

Still occurring... I was on the CS line for OVER 3 hrs yesterday. I have been failing to upload 1 photo since 8 hrs...no luck with this platform version despite 10+ years of successfull Selling @100% rating. Went to sleep while photo uploading, woke up hrs later and still spinning arrow IN PROGRESS. This site is becoming worthless and we are  being asked to upload browsers to non existent browser  versions because of the auto windows the new version platform generates. Assinine...

Please use plain text.
bullocky_mick
Community Member

in reply to us-00

My uploads are fine just viewing the picture after the ad is places is so slow as with most pictures.Its fine elsewhere on the net.

Please use plain text.