eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Pictures don't upload, Ebay doesn't have a CLUE!!!

after trying for 5 days to upload my photos on ebay's new system with no luck. waiting for a live chat with someone for 1hour. they gave me more things to try like deleting cookies & cache, upgrading my internet explorer. No luck still kicks me out of the system when uploading a photo. I had someone look at my computer for other reasons why I can not upload a photo and they found nothing wrong with my system.
Ebay has to get it's #$%$@ together.
what is the use of having free listings if you can not make them??????????
If anyone has found a way to upload their photos please let us all know. Thank you. Very unhappy person.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Pictures don't upload, Ebay doesn't have a CLUE!!!

in reply to cleos52store
exact same problem here too! no luck!
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Try the FireFox web browser. It is a much faster web browser than Internet Explorer, and often more reliable than Internet Explorer, and works great on eBay.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Typical Ebay snafu , everytime they mess with something that is working , they make life miserable for their bread winners.. As for cleaning cache etc that reps ( and others on these boards ) tell you, yes, you should keep your cache cleaned , but that has absolutely nothing to do with the latest fiasco. Instead of having callers do all kinds of things that are of no help , dratted Ebay should fess up ( fat chance of that ) that they have screwed up , and have no idea when they will get it straightened out .. But what do you expect from a company that makes the seller responsible for a full refund to buyer , if the USPS or foreign PO lose a package you sent . Stop and think how damnably unfair it is to make sellers responsible for the shortcomings of postal services. Do I sound like an unhappy camper? you are right I am.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Oh come on now !!! The pictures WILL NOT load with internet explorer or with mozilla foxfire ... Soooooo what kind of "HELP" can you offer now ???? It's time to find some other place online to sell through .. sure can't make a buck on ebay anymore .... but ... you don't care anyway ...
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
noyam1 - unless you see a specific post with a pink bar across the top, the helpers on the this forum are all regular members such as yourself, who voluntarily contributes their spare time here on the forums. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
noyam1 - unless you see a specific post with a pink bar across the top, the helpers on the this forum are all regular members such as yourself, who voluntarily contributes their spare time here on the forums. ;-)
Okay .. SORRY .. I didn't check into that enough .. the frustrations of the picture uploading problems got the best of me .. my apologies Nate .. I just haven't got a clue of how to get any listings on. Even my turbolister is faulty and won't work......
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Hey Nate !!! I don't know what happened ??? BUT ... I just listed an item ... WITH PHOTOS !!! Totally COOL !!! Something (???) must have gotten "fixed" in the ebay problems .. Gotta go list more .. just thought you would like to know. THANK YOU !!!
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
noyam1,

No problem! I understand that uploading troubles can be frustrating.

Glad to hear that you were able to get your photos uploaded! Thanks for the followup. :-D

Good luck with your eBay sales!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Hi- I tried to find a way to upload my pictures, too, and went over a week without this working. I have never had a problem before. Ok, this is what I did- when I get to "add pictures" on form, instead of clicking on that, I click on "get help" (above the add pictures) and the yellow window pops up, then I click on "add pictures" and that appears- I use self hosting, write in my URl and just continue like I used to do. I hope you try this- let me know if it works for you. georgie@my180.net
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
COME ON EBAY!!...WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS MESS?? THIS IS NOT THE TIME OF YEAR TO MESS WITH THE PICTURE UPLOAD! WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WORKED WELL??
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Pictures don't upload
Yeah misery loves company and you all seem to have my problem help!! I downloaded adobe but "standard" never gets high lighted for me to use...got rid of pop up blocker...downloaded mozilla...and i still cant get a picture on my auctions. please help i am a computer illiterate!
i am using windows 2000 service pak 4 and was using internet explorer 6.0 which is now useless on ebay. I am taking pics from my mavica floppy disc...i know this is all outdated but i didnt have a problem until this change
Thanks
Please use plain text.
pocomocomputing
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Yes, your computer is too old as I replied to your other post. A used XP computer is inexpensive. You need to get up to Windows XP.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Thanks so much for your info, I will look into that, also its not just ebay, I also can't upload pictures on etsy and they didn't make any changes, does that make sence? thanks SOOO much for your input
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
ugh is all I can say. This picture situation is very frustrating. I went to upload using ebays standard feature the other day. Upload one pic- fine..yay, I think. But when I went to upload my next pic, my first pic was missing. It kept going back to my having no pics there...why- who knows!! So I tried 'basic' and , thank goodness, they uploaded. Now, I'm very careful to try to take the very best pics possible so that I won't need to crop; or make adjustments as these features no longer seem to work. PLEASE, E-BAY- undo your changes and go back to how it was before!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
Hi I have never posted on one of these discussion boards but feel compelled too. I also have not been able to add pictures. I have a new computer with Windows 7, using Internet Explorer and cannot for the life of me upload pictures. I load the pictures with my digital disk onto an HP photo thing and can upload them to Auctiva but when I try to create a listing in ebay and upload a picture it will not do it. I'm not that computer literate and cannot find the URL to upload them that way like some people have done. I have called Ebay and gotten the same answers as everyone else plus the wait is too frustrating. Ebay has no customer service anymore.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
It is 3:47 here in Illinois and I am having exactly the same problem!!!!!! It worked fine just the other day, now it says my pictures failed but if I do them over and over, they finally go. What a pain. Someone needed job security in a bad way!!! The old way worked better and I think if we want to we should be able to opt out of this horrible new system!!! Disgusted here in Illinois!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
You know what Nate, we shouldn't all have to try different stuff just so we can use Ebay. It worked fine, and for the average non-computer genius, who by the way Ebay was first designed for, it is way too cumbersome. Sometime newer isn't better!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
I have Windows XP and believe me, it isn't me or my computer. It is Ebay not us that has a problem!!! I can't get my pictures on either!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleos52store
I completely Agree! Ebay ALWAYS changes things WITHOUT needing to..it's INCREDULOUS..I can not post any pics either and always have posted using the enhanced pics part with no issues..now I click on add pics and NOTHING..nada..zilch..just doesn't do a damn thing. I have IE8 and Windows XP..They obviously don't know the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...it's really sad in a way ...I know several people who are just posting their items for free on craigslist...I dont' want to do that becasue it's limited to just your local area but if this keeps up I will have no other choice...it just is the worst!! I contacted ebay on the chat too and they were no help whatsoever..I read someplace it would be fixed by last week...??
Please use plain text.