eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Enhanced Uploader not uploading pictures

For about 7 days, I have been having trouble uploading pictures to ebay using Enhanced Uploader, which I have always used, via Internet Explorer 8, and Vista. Sometimes it will not upload any of them and sometimes it will pick and choose only some of the pictures I am trying to upload. Active X is activated. Can you please assist me? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to shopforfun2001
Last week eBay updated the Enhanced picture uploader. Only fixes, no enhancements. eBay made a announcement explaining why they updated and also gave some troubleshooting tips....http://forums.ebay.com/db2/ann.jspa?annID=5200000001

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank you for your response. However, I have read and applied all of the troubleshooting suggestions. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I did all the troubleshooting suggestions & Picture Manager still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

bubbly_007

So we can help you better, please supply the following information.

1) What Uploader Are You Using; Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Self Hosting?
3) Are you getting any errors; if so, what does it say?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am using Enhanced Uploader.
I do not receive any error messages. It acts like they are downloaded, but then there are no pictures to be seen.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have been trying all day to fix this same problem and also have done all the trouble shooting tips but I still cant use ebays enhanced picture service.
Also I have enabled security etc so my computer may be at risk.
Any other tips would be appreciated please.
Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am having problems using the enhanced uploader as well.I have also gone through all the troubleshooting steps.It worked fine a week ago.Any solutions out there?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Enhanced uploader is going too fast, my pictures won't load. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

My pictures still won't load. I wrote to ebay about it 5 days ago & they said they would respond within 36 hours but I still haven't heard from them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am having the same problem uploading pictures to my listings. No response to my emails to eBay ... Live Help couldn't tell me if others were having similar problems. I had to find this board on my own. Very frustrating!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Been having same prob of enhanced pics Not working! Live help directed me to another link that did not work (their Images Dept.) Ebay just seems to give us all a run-around! Ebay is getting bad!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello, I am also having problems with trying to download the enhanced picture service. I have tried everything that ebay has told me too. They say I can use basic if enhanced won't download but when I use basic, it is soooo slow. I don't understand why for the last 7 yrs. I have never had a problem with this service. I feel as if I am not important enough for ebay to care what I do as I am not a big seller.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

kayjdoro ,

Sorry that you are having this problem. I know that it can be frustrating. We will be happy to help you solve the problem. So we can provide the best possible answers, can you tell me the following?

What opertaing sytem are you using? (Win98, WinXP or vista)
What web browser are you using? (internet explorer, Firefox)

Please use plain text.
jbrk1216
Community Member

I'm another one who CAN NOT GET ENHANCED PICTURE TO WORK!! I am going out of my mind. I wrote to Ebay. Finally got a reply. I went thru every step that they told me to do. It still didnt work. Then they said the following:

If the installation continues to fail or the security warning does not
appear, we suggest that you delete the old Active X control. To delete
the old Active X control, please follow these steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu and select the "Manage
Add-ons" option and click the "Enable or Disable Add-ons" option.
2. In the list of files, find the file called "EPS Image Control" or
"EPUImageControl Class" and delete it

Trouble is......Deleting it is not an option. Only disabling is. So now what???
I'm not a computer whiz or anything like that.
All I know is I was using enhanced uploader, have been using it for a long time now. Got on ebay a few weeks ago to do my weekly listing, and I cant get it anymore.

I have windows vista.
Does anyone have a solution for me? Does anyone know how I can get on my computer, log on to ebay and get my enhanced picture uploader to work???

The message from ebay goes on and on even after the above, and then it ends with, if all else fails,use the basic or standard uploader. Thats it??? thats all?

In the meantime, I'm having to wait till I figure out something before I can get my items listed this week. The standard uploader and basic uploader make it take an entire day to do an hours worth of work for me...

thanks to anywone who can help me....And please, I'm very basic when it comes to computer instructions and language....
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I too received the e-mail from ebay and tried all of their possible solutions. Nothing worked. However, after experimenting to see why some pictures would upload and some would not, I figured out that (at least on mine) that if I lighted or darkened the picture using the Enhanced Uploader it would not download. Now instead of using the Enhanced Uploader to Fix, Rotate or Lighten/Darken my pictures I "fix" my pictures on my C drive first, just using my basic picture editor that my computer came with. After the pictures are fixed and saved to my liking, I then go to the Enhanced Uploader and all of the pictures upload....Not sure if it is just a fluke, but it has been working for me without any problems. I just wanted to post this, just in case it can help someone else. I use Vista and Internet Explorer 8.
Please use plain text.
jbrk1216
Community Member

For now, Until I get this figured out, I am having to upload my pictures to a site like PhotoBucket, then transfer them on to my listings from there. Ridiculous, and time consuming, but not near as slow as waiting on them to upload the basic way. Someone told me that I may have to contact microsoft or whoever it is that takes care of "internet explorer" to figure out how to delete my present active x and reinstall it. So, thats another full day of sitting here wanting to throw a rock at the computer screen..
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I too am having the same problem as everyone here says they have . I have used the enhanced version for years and now it will not load . I have written to ebay ( it took them 10 days to answer ) and they gave me all the instuctions to correct the problem . Still does not work... I am so frustrated i could scream . I have waisted HOURS on this with no headway . To use standard or basic one listing take an hour . I have called ebay and done live chat and still nothing . Why would it work all this time and now suddenly it doesn't????? I have Windows vista and explore 8 also. They say my security settings must be preventing it from loading ???? Why not ever before ??? I just don't get it . Any help would be appreciated .:-(
Please use plain text.
jbrk1216
Community Member

I reset my security settings to the absolute lowest also, and it still doesnt work.
I'm at a loss.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

jbrk1216,

Please see this help page for troubleshooting.

Please read all the content and follow the suggestions.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=520044275&tstart=0

Please use plain text.