eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Can't view photos in auctions unless listed with Auctiva??? HELP!

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I can't view photos of auctions I want to purchase, unless the seller has listed with auctiva. I've cleared my cache/cookies, restarted made sure there are no pop up blockers and I still can't view pictures on ebay. I see the gallery image, but when I click into the auction, there is just a red x, and when I try and load the photo it just won't do it?! Any ideas??? I tried contacting ebay, but they just told me to do what I had already done. This is the same on both my sister's computer and mine. I really wanted to do some back to school shopping, but can't due to this problem of not seeing any items...anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
Hello, :-D

Sorry that you are having this problem. Make sure that th option to view photos is enabled.

On your toolbar, click Tools--> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Show Pictures.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know so we can help you further.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
I've been having the same problem, cant view them in explorer/Firefox no fire wall no virus scanners cookies cleared and so on. can see gallery but nothing will show in the description file this has really been a problem as I hardly buy on eBay right now because of it. :-/
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
I've been browsing eBay for over 8 years now, and this Sat. nite (9/20/08) for the first time, I've run into the same problem -- I cannot view any Item scans on eBay auction items. The browser just 'stops' (w/ the 'Connected' icon in system taskbar showing 'Idle' at 'Downloading imgTopGradient.gif at pics.ebaystatic.com'. It doesn't matter if I'm viewing a list of Search results, or viewing an item in detail, or using anyone's 'View enlarged pic' link, etc. I'm using ME 6.0.26 and the Tools setting is still 'Show Pictures'.
ON A HUNCH, I minimized this window and went to another marketplace hosting site (for the 1st time in months) to see what would happen -- NO pictures came up at that site either... so it's not an 'eBay-specific' problem. Maybe it's my ISP or something I don't understand that's occurred on the PC... will have to see what happens at the next log-on, after a cold reboot, etc.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
I have isolated the problem... to the attempt to view a particular eBay item! The item is 330272081008. The Seller is 'ETN'. I'm not implicating the seller [yet]; I haven't the time just yet to attempt other items from this seller.

HOWEVER, I CAN CONFIRM, that on Sat 9/20, Sun 9/21, and again today Tues 9/23, once I click on the given Item above from a search list on eBay, the PC hangs at '(14 items remaining) Downloading imgTopGradient.gif at pics.ebaystatic.com'; rebooting the PC is the only remedy; no 'picture' files will appear once the hiccup starts. (Even as I type this, I am staring at seven 'empty' icons above this entry box below the 'Post a reply' legend.)

The implication here is that a Seller can create a complex Description page on eBay that can interfere with a user's normal PC function; if this is true, this is a serious matter that needs to be resolved. This is my first attempt at informing eBay; I will try others and hope relief is on its way. I am aware of the possibility that my browser version (Microsoft IE 6.0.26) might now be 'obsolete' and must be replaced as the 'solution'; if true, this is a sad commentary on how online functions are evolving.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
I can't see pictures on any items using Auctiva. What is wrong???? HOw do I correct this?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Can't view photos in auctions unless listed with Auctiva??? HELP!

in reply to happygrl3
I am intermittently having the same problem, at times photos show then I go to another auction and the photos are blank. This has been going on for about 2 months, once I think it is fixed it appears again. Someone needs to step up and get us an answer to this issue. "show photos" in advanced on the tools menu is and has been checked.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
Hello, :-D

Sorry that you are having this problem. Make sure that th option to view photos is enabled.

On your toolbar, click Tools--> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Show Pictures.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know so we can help you further.

Hello and help please,

I am replying to a request you left regarding not being able to see photos when I click to view an auction page. It works for a few minutes then stops working. This started about a month ago. When I restart my computer things will be fine for a while then start up again. I checked my tools setting in advanced as you suggested and "show pictures" is checked, do you know of any other issues which may cause this?
Thank you,
Jim
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
beckyleigh12 - are you using the FireFox web browser?
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
flyer-crazy - you have any security applications such as Norton or McAfee installed on your computer?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
Hello, I have been having the same problem in the last 3 weeks...when I click on an item in the gallery to have a better look, the photo window fashes then disappears and the little loading symbol of please wait comes on but nothing loads...even trying to click on "watch this item" does not work ...I had AVG installed about 2 months ago
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3
Sorry, forgot to mentionI am using and always have used IE without any trouble in the past.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3

I got the same problem, can not view the image in all auctions. I use IE and new Aurora browser but both browers have the same problem, I tried all the suggestion which posted in this discuss forum but still having problem. The very last thing I try is install Safari browser, somehow it seems to install or open some services in Window and fix the problem, now all three browers in my computer works fine. Hope this help.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3

Forget my suggestion, it only works for a while and not working again.

Please use plain text.
robshelp
Community Member

in reply to happygrl3

When a problem viewing photos is site wide here are two possibilities:

1. Either the display of images from the site was inadvertently/accidentally blocked in the web browser.  Go into Tools and Options of the web browser looking for settings related to display of images.

2. Rarely and inexplicably a site can be made unavailable at the network router.  When using a network with a router, try unplugging it for 5 minutes or so then plug in again.

I hope this helps,

Rob

Visit my About Me page to learn about FreeForm and FreeForm2 - Free to use, wonderfully flexible tools for creating and using custom templates. No HTML knowledge required. Use with non-eBay hosting to display photos in any size, marked up however you like
Please use plain text.