eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Merry Christmas

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

In new version all my FREE SHIPPING items come up as ASK FOR SHIPPING QUOTE

eBay mobile just updated on my Android devices, and I am not happy with it.. biggest issue, on all listings with FREE SHIPPING, the app shows ASK SELLER FOR SHIPPING QUOTE!@!? Way to ruin sales!
Folks that is a pretty serious flaw, especially after sellers have been ENCOURAGED to offer free shipping... 'Ask for quote' will drive shoppers Away!
Community Member

Re: In new version all my FREE SHIPPING items come up as ASK FOR SHIPPING QUOTE

in reply to modpropshop

Folks - this issue appears to be in =all= mobile versions of eBay that I have checked, including mobile web & iPad, iPhone. This issue has been reported to eBay mobile's development team, it is an actual issue, a bug - and if you are a seller that offers free shipping - a pretty major bug that impacts YOUR VISIBILITY & SALES.

Here's what is up:

If a seller offers "FREE SHIPPING" but also offers "GET IT FAST" (as recommended by eBay) with an additional 1 day shipping option, their listing does not show up correctly on mobile as "FREE SHIPPING", it will come up either ';calculated' or 'ask for a shipping quote' - depending on app and view.

I recently went out of town & upped my handling time to 5 days, removed GET IT FAST - and was shocked because I suddenly had a giant increase in sales - while I was out of town. Weird.. when I came back, and reinstated "GET IT FAST" sales dropped..

Now I see why - anyone shopping on mobile sees "GET SHIPPING QUOTE FROM SELLER" instead of "FREE SHIPPING" if I offer additional "GET IT FAST" shipping!!

Unreal.

I can't even fathom how many sales I have lost because of this bug  - and because eBay development didn't properly beta test their mobile web / apps before pushing out to the public!