eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Ebay app on my android doesn't work - no network

I was offered the promo to list an item for free using the ebay app. I downloaded it and filled in info for my item but I get an error message...no network...try again.

Everything else on the phone can connect. What's the deal? I'd really like to list something from the phone. Any other work-arounds since my app is worthless?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Ebay app on my android doesn't work - no network

in reply to zoozeeq

I uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted and everything else.

Earlier I could log in at least, but now since reinstalling I can't even sign in. The app gets worse and worse.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zoozeeq

I am having the same problem, and have used the mobile app almost exclusively for over a year now. Everything else works fine, but when I try to list I get an error. The exact error says "Listing Error: System temporarily unavailable, please try listing again."

I have a Sony Xperia.  I just updated the app, logged out and logged back in. Same message, happening all day. Haven't seen any technical announcements or been able to find any answers through searching tech support.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zoozeeq

I called ebay and the girl told me to wait about an hour and try again. Evidently they did something on their end.

Well, I waited an hour and still NOTHING. I had a feeling that would be the outcome.

I'll call again tomorrow. Hopefully they can explain what the deal is.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zoozeeq

I'm right there with you .....App looks great but doesn't work...SYSTEM TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY LISTING AGIAN.    I've gotten this message for two hours now.

I'm sure they didn't figure the system being overloaded.   I'm sure this is a way to work the bugs out for them but it sucks for those of us who really wanted to get in that one free auction a day.

Hope they work this out soon.

Please use plain text.