cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missionfish

Adventurer

Missionfish

How on earth does Missionfish get away with taking 20% of the money raised by selling an item that is going directly to charity?  This seems to be a real ripoff.  20%?  Really?  I asked a rescue group to sign up for it and the president said no - they take way more then they should.  I am sorry that I got another group to.  I am sorry I sold stuff through Missionfish.  I should have done my homework - but I never imagined Missionfish would take 20%.  Does Ebay have a soul?  There is no way this is just to cover costs except someone at Missionfish is paying themselves handsomely to do thsi. This needs to be investigated!!!!

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Missionfish

in reply to

I think 20% is too much too. Further, and the reason I found this thread, is either MissionFish or Ebay Giving itself, is painfully slow.

A fund was started that I wanted to donate to. I remembered I had an item sell and I had a donation due. I just paid it. It was my final item and I looked up my donation history and the righthand column shows 'donation status'. The four oldest show 'delivered' but the last six show 'paid'. "What the hell is that?" I thought.

Pointed at a 'delivered' one and it shows the paid and delivered dates. One month apart. Pointed at a 'paid' one and they all show as two months!

In every case, I checked the box that makes it sound like the charity gets the money immediately and I am not eligible for a refund.

How and why does it take a month for the charity to get the funds? I think this is complete B.S. Immoral and unethical. Illegal? I don't know.

So, in this day of electronic everything financial, MF and eBay Giving, are holding funds so they can make some interest on funds that I directed to be sent immediately to the charity of MY choice?!?!?

Check you donation history and see for yourself.

Enthusiast

in reply to

I agree.  The Mission Fish is a rip off.

Trying to get rid of this donation account is a pain also.

Can not any doc to get ou of it

Mary

Enthusiast

in reply to

How to remove Unauthorizaed third party (Mission Fish) from your Ebay Account.   After donating today.  I read this blog.  I went to my "Account", "Site Prefence" scrolled down to Third Party authorization and sure enough Mission Fish was automaticaly added on to my Ebay account.   I checked the "removed the authorization" button. I hope this helps and works.  Ebay should send an automatic email to tell people who has third party authorization to their account.  I would think in this ecomony they would not want to piss buyers off.