eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Missionfish

How on earth does Missionfish get away with taking 20% of the money raised by selling an item that is going directly to charity?  This seems to be a real ripoff.  20%?  Really?  I asked a rescue group to sign up for it and the president said no - they take way more then they should.  I am sorry that I got another group to.  I am sorry I sold stuff through Missionfish.  I should have done my homework - but I never imagined Missionfish would take 20%.  Does Ebay have a soul?  There is no way this is just to cover costs except someone at Missionfish is paying themselves handsomely to do thsi. This needs to be investigated!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Missionfish

in reply to gatogatogato

I think 20% is too much too. Further, and the reason I found this thread, is either MissionFish or Ebay Giving itself, is painfully slow.

A fund was started that I wanted to donate to. I remembered I had an item sell and I had a donation due. I just paid it. It was my final item and I looked up my donation history and the righthand column shows 'donation status'. The four oldest show 'delivered' but the last six show 'paid'. "What the hell is that?" I thought.

Pointed at a 'delivered' one and it shows the paid and delivered dates. One month apart. Pointed at a 'paid' one and they all show as two months!

In every case, I checked the box that makes it sound like the charity gets the money immediately and I am not eligible for a refund.

How and why does it take a month for the charity to get the funds? I think this is complete B.S. Immoral and unethical. Illegal? I don't know.

So, in this day of electronic everything financial, MF and eBay Giving, are holding funds so they can make some interest on funds that I directed to be sent immediately to the charity of MY choice?!?!?

Check you donation history and see for yourself.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gatogatogato

I agree.  The Mission Fish is a rip off.

Trying to get rid of this donation account is a pain also.

Can not any doc to get ou of it

Mary

Please use plain text.
thataway
Community Member

in reply to gatogatogato

How to remove Unauthorizaed third party (Mission Fish) from your Ebay Account.   After donating today.  I read this blog.  I went to my "Account", "Site Prefence" scrolled down to Third Party authorization and sure enough Mission Fish was automaticaly added on to my Ebay account.   I checked the "removed the authorization" button. I hope this helps and works.  Ebay should send an automatic email to tell people who has third party authorization to their account.  I would think in this ecomony they would not want to piss buyers off.

Please use plain text.