Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

Doba

Doba

staehlekid03
Enthusiast
I am wanting to join doba and start my ebay business. Is this a good idea? I feel like i will be able to make a fair amount of incomw with doba. i would like to sell video game stuff, like Xbox 360's. Please let me know if i can trust Doba and if you have any tips at all. Anything will help.:^O
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES

Re: Doba

in reply to Dec 29, 2010 7:37:46 PM
fairypetmom
Enthusiast
I got suckered into joining doba and here are my experiences. Take from it what you may

within the first month of me selling from doba I recieved my first negative and 4 neutrals. I had selected only about 80 products. I got the negative and neutrals because 1) doba's supplier ran out of the swimsuit they had listed so they sent whatever they had in the backroom to all my customers and one they addressed to a total different city and address. 2) they would constantly run out of stock even when it was listed that they had stock. That made people mad!

On amazon for christmas I sold hair dryers, turns out these dryers are being shipped from china (which was never posted) my customers who ordered back in november still don't have their items!

Doba will be really nice to you till after you give them your credit card and sign up for their membership. After they have your money they are rude and unhelpful. If you encounter problems (which you will) such as the ones I outlined above they will blame it on everyone except themselves. I was even told I was responsible to figure out where the misaddressed package was before they would refund my money.

An even bigger problem comes after the free trial wares off and you realize that all the products they have are way over priced. There is NO WAY NO WAY you will be able to compete with the prices others have on ebay especially for well known items such as phones, DVDS, Video games ect. Doba charges more than they do in the stores for most of their items and they tack on a drop shipping fee. Your better off going down to wal-mart buying some items and trying to resell them then you are joining doba and thinking your going to make any money.

Lastly if you do get lucky to find a product that hardly no one else is selling (because that's what you have to find in order to be able to use doba's over priced items) they will either 1) run out of stock eventually or 2) they will list in their hot selling items of the month and pretty soon everyone and their brother will be selling your not so secret product anymore.

My advise is do your homework. Look at prices on ebay and doba for xbox's and completed's. Don't forget that ebay takes atleast 15% (I think for electronics) and paypal takes another .03% of total plus ebay listing fee and .30 per transaction paypal fee. Do the math.

Like I said once you've done your homework you'll discover you'd be better off buying stuff at retail price and reselling it then using doba. Good luck
Message 2 of 18

in reply to Jan 2, 2011 2:21:31 PM
familyfrugality
Enthusiast
I've been selling on ebay through Doba for almost 2 months now. I can tell you that after listing a large number of items, after fees from ebay and PayPal, I've broken about even. One thing I've noticed from Doba is that not all products offer any sort of profit margin. Some categories can earn a little margin, but it's important to do your research on ebay through completed sales to see what that item is selling for. For the most part Doba has shipped the items I've ordered very quickly. I did order one item they were our of stock on, but they refunded my money very quickly. Out of 10 sales on ebay, I've received 6 positive feedbacks, no negative or nuetral. I don't think Doba offers me long term growth potential, but as long as I do my research, they'll allow me to break even while building some positive feedback, which really is what it's all about, until I can find a better way to source my products. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!!
Message 3 of 18

in reply to Mar 9, 2011 5:31:14 PM
nycloseout
Enthusiast
Yup , Doba is a piece of crap, to put it mildly

You cant make money re-selling their items, I found some suppliers selling the same items they put on Doba for a lower price on Ebay
Message 4 of 18

in reply to Mar 14, 2011 7:59:57 AM
clubvest
Enthusiast
Bikerdropship and giftdropship stock the items and have BBB A+ ratings they have been in business for over 20 years and are family owned and operated in the USA FREE to join no monthly fees, and remember, although Biker stuff may not be for everyone, The average harley owner makes $75,000 a year plus, and the season is about to start
Message 5 of 18

in reply to Mar 15, 2011 8:19:41 AM
rexs_real_deal
Enthusiast
Once you join DOBA your 7 day trial is canceled and they WILL NOT refund your money until the initial subscription period has ended and then only if you can show you haven't sold enough product to pay for your membership. If you have already signed up with them you can put a stop automatic renewal on your account. That's what I just did. I'm going to try them for my subscription period but had I known earlier what I know now I would have never signed up with them. Good luck.
Message 6 of 18

in reply to Apr 13, 2011 8:44:59 PM
andjmar
Enthusiast
Thank you for your comment. I have had a similar experience since I have started Doba’s free trial. Their products are way over-priced and there is no way I could see myself making money using Doba. It is good to hear someone else’s experience and know that I am making the right decision to not sign up with them.
Have you had any luck in finding a wholesale company to buy from?
Message 7 of 18

in reply to Apr 15, 2011 6:16:11 PM
tuliplulip1958
Enthusiast
I HAVE TRIED DOBA (2) TIMES. THEY ARE VERY SLOW TO GET YOUR ORDER OUT TO YOUR CUSTOMER'S. IF THEY OWE YOU A REFUND BACK, FORGET IT, I HAD TO GO TO MY BANK FOR THE CREDIT BACK ON DOBA. MY BANK REVERSED THAT CREDIT, THERE EMPLOYEE'S WERE ALSO VERY RUDE AT DOBA. THEY ARE NOT A WHOLESALER DROP SHIPPER. THEIR PRODUCTS ARE PRICED WAY TOO HIGH ALSO.
Message 8 of 18

in reply to May 6, 2011 9:32:11 AM
sellersoftware
Explorer
good point. it is hard to find better wholesale pricing than eBay itself. Where are they going to get the good pricing?
Message 9 of 18

in reply to May 6, 2011 4:03:11 PM
soundelements
Enthusiast
Doba is the biggest piece of crap/scam out there. Don't do it. And don't join ANY companies that come up on google when you search "wholesale supplier" or similar search, They're all bogus. Take it from an experienced seller. Your best bet to finding suppliers as a newbie is to go to trade shows (i.e CES) to connect with real, promising suppliers.
Message 10 of 18

in reply to Dec 3, 2011 6:43:53 PM
mj_proventures
Enthusiast

I just sold my first Doba item on ebay. So I was trying to figure out how to send the item, and I looked in my Doba inventory to find out that now  the product I just sold to a customer on ebay is no longer at Doba (at zero in stock?) What the heck do I do??? Does this happen and I just wait till he re-stocks the item? Return the money back to the ebay customer?

Please if you can help it would be awesome.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 18

in reply to Mar 2, 2012 11:14:41 AM
knox1111
Enthusiast

Stay away! Stay far away from DOBA. I would tell you my experience but it would ruin my day and get me angry. So I want to have a good day so take my advice STAY AWAY!

Message 12 of 18

STAY AWAY from DOBA !!!!!

STAY AWAY from DOBA !!!!!

in reply to May 4, 2012 1:07:55 PM
girlygirl4000
Enthusiast

Stay away from DOBA.  I signed up for information and they called me repeatedly / daily  for months (even after I asked them many times to stop contacting me).  VERY UNETHICAL company to work with.  Do your reviews because it sounds like a scam.  I'm pretty sure they sold my information too, because after these calls started, other companies followed (this has never happened before).

Message 13 of 18

in reply to May 10, 2012 1:33:26 PM
real-businesses
Enthusiast

Read this copy and paste:
----

Well, with excitement and motivation I started this blog and I was going to take over the ebay world using the simple but effective concept of drop shipping.  Opps!

So far and not so good.  I have been looking through the DOBA catalogs now for some time and cannot find anything that is selling for more on eBay than it is through them.  Although it is too early to give up I must admit that the excitement of yesterday has melted into the apprehension of today.  I am starting to rethink my plan.

I have already started to look for other options.  One would be to use DOBA and create my own website, the other is to look for other drop shippers.  Though a google search led me to a site called Drop Shipping Sucks which is trying to sell me some guide but the information they post about drop shipping does seem to make sense.  If that is the case then drop shipping makes no sense.  ARGH!

Well, I am not giving up on drop shipping yet!  Maybe in an hour though.  I am becoming impatient with the whole thing.  Stupid me, I thought this was going to be a cake walk.

It also appears that DOBA has some bad press on the Ripoff Report.  I hope they don’t try to charge me even if I cancel within my trial period.  But so far, other than not finding any products I can profit with, I have had no problems.
---

Bad business model, company with ripoff reports galore, STAY AWAY!

Message 14 of 18

in reply to May 18, 2012 2:19:54 AM
knox1111
Enthusiast

I did DOBA and they did ME! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO dont do it! I wouldnt do it if they paid me! Now that I KNOW the liars well!

Message 15 of 18

in reply to Dec 22, 2012 10:18:05 AM
hightides_beach_shop
Thrill-Seeker

Almost every over priced BIN fixed priced listing you see where the item in New condition in quantities are folks using drop shippers.That makes up the majority of eBay. You won't be able to compete with the numerous other sellers selling the exact same thing with the exact same stock photo.

Also, look up prices from lowest including shipping.

Can you beat out those low ball sellers who ship for free and are selling those same products cheaper then what you are paying for before eBay and PayPal fees. Before you pay doba their fee?

You can't.

Those sellers own those products and bypass the third party drop shippers.

By buying in bulk or by the crate, they have a huge advantage over you.

Buying directly from the distributor or manufacturer is the only way to compete here and that means buying a huge supply of inventory.

Message 16 of 18

in reply to Dec 28, 2012 10:58:07 AM
deniseffs
Explorer

PLEASE! STAY AWAY FROM DOBA! THE FREE TRIAL COSTS $1 ONLY. BUT THEM YOU CANNOT SEE THE PRODUCTS. YOU CALL THEM AND THEY TELL YOU TO PAY $69 IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION THEY JUST HANG UP! THE PRICES ARE HIGH. DON'T TRY, YOU'LL REGRET! HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Message 17 of 18

in reply to Mar 10, 2013 4:39:38 PM
topliner2001
Enthusiast

I hope my post here would not annoy anyone as to be frank, I am promoting a drophipping service I founded. It is called letusdropship. Every product is researched and we have a mechanism to make sure reselling is profitable. 

Right now we are still in the early phase so we do not have a lot of products, but everything we have is with a reasonable margin. please check us out.

Thanks

Message 18 of 18