eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

Does anyone have information on the value of vintage Sheffield watches. I know the company went out of business in the 1970's. This is the Sheffield Watch Co. from England. I have one of their watches, probably from the 1960's and would like to know if it has any collectors value. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
Any collector value would be very minor. Sheffield was kind of like Timex in its day.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
Thanks for your input
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I recently sold a Sheffield Instantime watch with no band to an overseas bidder for $24.00.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
i HAVE FOUND SOME SELLERS ON
EBAY THAT INDICATE THIS COMPANY IS SWISS. I HAVE ONE OF THEIR LADIES PENDANT WATCHES AND WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ABOUT ITS COLLECTABILITY AND ABOUT THE COMPANY, TOO.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
The diver's and pilot's watches are the only ones with any value at all...150-300 max, that I have seen...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I agree with values set forth below. Does anyone know a jeweler that works on the Sheffield dive watches? thanks all
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I have a Sheffield watch from 1970 that my parents gave me that says "Time for Peace" around the outside edge of the face. The second hand is a peace sign that rotates around. Has anyone ever seen one of those? Since it may be kind of unique, I've wondered if it would be worth anything. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I have an 1850s women's Sheffield pocketwatch brooch. Coins of Pan or Alexander on watch chain/fob. Swiss made. Very rococo. Anyone know the value? ldotcats@live.com.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I have just recently bought a Sheffield Electronic watch, listed as not working and part of a job lot. After replacing the battery, it now works and keeps excellent time.

In fine letters at the bottom of the dial, reads LIC West Germany.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
i have a watch called shafield its gold colored shaped like a kite want 2 know if anyone can tell me about it if it has any value
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I have a shefield ring watch in the original box with the guarantee..still works..does anyone have an opinion of its value..Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
***** Evereybody *******

Please see the 1st posted response in this thread that says:

"Any collector value would be very minor. Sheffield was kind of like Timex in its day."

This applies to ALL Sheffield watch models. There is no need to continue asking for valuation help for Sheffield watches over and over again.

While values may vary slightly from model-to-model, the overall answer is that no Sheffield watch is going to be worth much. Most used Sheffield watches sell for $5-$10 and I've never seen one exceed $100. These were cheap costume jewelry grade watches.

Greg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
I have a Sheffield. It's a nice looking watch. Nice looking is all that is nice about it. I agree with Greg.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: SHEFFIELD WATCH COMPANY

in reply to foxy10159
While researching another type of watch I noticed that exact same watch (my fiance' last name is Peacemaker so it caught my eye) and it is collectable although I couldn't find a price as it had been sold. Try google. Joy
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to foxy10159
Hey! Thanks Greg. It is always good to hear from a pro. I don't have this watch... was simply doing some research but I've never seen someone with credentials give advice. Again, thanks. Joy
danastar5@yahoo.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to foxy10159
I have a Sheffield watch from 1970 that my parents gave me that says "Time for Peace" around the outside edge of the face. The second hand is a peace sign that rotates around. Has anyone ever seen one of those? Since it may be kind of unique, I've wondered if it would be worth anything. Thanks.

I am curious, too as I have recently unearthed this exact watch which I was given as a birthday gift I think in 1973.

I found an online newspaper archive which shows the watch for sale in the Village Voice in 1970.
Please use plain text.
still-can
Community Member

in reply to foxy10159
lol, I think what we have here is a failure to communicate!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to foxy10159
Anyone who tells you the vintage Sheffield "Time for Peace" watch, with revolving peace sign as the second hand, is not worth much simply does not know much. These are extremely rare, incredibly wonderful with the coloring and leather band, and go for over $1500 in vintage shops in New York City. I have seen two of these (one in the Village for $1500 and the other on the lower east side ($1650). They were in the cases for about six weeks and two weeks, respectively (I was scouting them), and I was disappointed to learn they were sold. They have invaluable cultural, political, and historical charm entirely unlike the crass 're-makes' currently available so utterly comercial. These are works of art and any artist can discern that. But you have to have taste and style. Without those, they would not be worth much to you. But then you don't count much in the larger scheme of things. Your loss. Hold on to that watch. Do not sell, although New York or the international market would yield a fair amount if you must.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to foxy10159
Does anyone have information on the value of vintage Sheffield watches. I know the company went out of business in the 1970's. This is the Sheffield Watch Co. from England. I have one of their watches, probably from the 1960's and would like to know if it has any collectors value. Thanks.

HI...My father actually started Sheffield watches right here in the U.S. The watches are very well made and should last many years. Their value isn't that much, however:smileysad: Collecting them would be just for fun....they are very unique watches and pendants ..also ring watches...
Please use plain text.