eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

RXW MM20

Just wanted to warn people, if they ever read this:

I have recently seen RXW MM20 on eBay that are NOT real MM20s. This is a funny thing to say, considering that MM20 is a knock-off of Panerai 1950 to begin with, but there are replica MM20s out there that you can purchase for about $200-300. But there are folks selling them on eBay with or without box or papers for $1,000 or so. You can distinguish the replica MM20, most notably by the case back marking. The RXW logo on the center is different (the original MM20's logo has floating triangle in the middle space of the Rolex-like logo, while the replica doesn't). Ken Trading never ever sold the MM20 with the logo without the triangle in the center. I know this because I know a guy who works for Ken Sato, the maker of the MM20. I just want people out there to be informed.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: RXW MM20

in reply to jinglebuddy
Knock-offs of knock-offs? And the makers of the "genuine" knock-offs are crying? I guess you reap what you sow. The short-sighted people who helped promote this industry of replicas and "homage" watches are finally seeing why these types of products are detrimental to the market.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jinglebuddy
you really know someone who works for ken sato??? whats his name?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jinglebuddy
Knock-offs of knock-offs? And the makers of the "genuine" knock-offs are crying? I guess you reap what you sow. The short-sighted people who helped promote this industry of replicas and "homage" watches are finally seeing why these types of products are detrimental to the market.

The RXW watches are NOT knock offs, they are "homage’s of the 1950s Marina Militaire, with an Angelus movement made for the Italian navy (Marina Militaire). Ken Sato has reproduced these watches with more authenticity than the buyers of the Panerai name (Richemont) did when they came out with their own "homage" called "The 1950" The RXW MM20's command prices sometimes exceeding $2000 now a days, and are considered very collectible by many WIS. In every sense, all Panerai watches made today, are copies of this original, made not by Panerai, but by Rolex in 1930.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jinglebuddy
The RXW watches are NOT knock offs, they are "homage’s

Unfortunately, the courts don't agree with your definition. RXW lost a lawsuit brought by Panerai in 2004 and another lawsuit by Rolex. That is why RXW production was halted. The courts found that there were intellectual property violations.
Please use plain text.