eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
imagedharma
Community Member

Fortis Fortissimo Help???

I have been looking for any information on the Fortis Fortissimo, the first really waterproof, automatic Swiss watch that was made in the 1940s but can find no facts or photos of the watch and its movement anywhere. I have, literally, been searching online for weeks and been through every watch book at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.. You would think a watch this famous could be researched!!! Can anyone help me? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Fortis Fortissimo Help???

in reply to imagedharma
Hi there..Greetings from a wet n wild Dublin....ive a vintage automatic watch,possibly 40s or 50s,a family heirloom, all that is on the dial is FORTISSIMO and underneath written AUTOMAT and SWISS at the bottom of the dial...Ive been trying to get a history of it but to no avail...so my question to you , if you can help me...is ...could Fortis have designed this watch with just these words on it or do you think ,as i do ,there was a completely separate company called Fortissimo in switzerland? Then again the name fortissimo would have been registered by Fortis...would be like a car company setting up and calling itself Carrera...now im all confused!! So anyway if youve any info id love to hear from you...Thanks
Please use plain text.