eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

markowitz57
Community Member

Delmark Pendant Watch

I have a watch very similar to this ended listing:

My watch reads "seven X jewels"- does this mean seventeen jewels? My watch also appears to have one ruby/garnet, and the rest of the jewels appear to be quartz.

Does anyone know the time period when these watches were made? I will try to get some good pics of mine tomorrow and add them. Mine was added to a black ribbon pendant, the kind they used to use on ladies wrist watches. Thanks for any help you can give me. I know nothing about watches!
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
kathrynscollectibles
Community Member

Re: Delmark Pendant Watch

in reply to markowitz57
The lapel watch that you reference is actually not a very good example.

While the dealer placed a starting price of $395.00 on the watch, he had little chance of achieving a price anywhere near that. I'm betting he meant to place a price of $39.50 on it, and even that is overly optimistic for a worn gold plated out of fashion lapel watch.

Hopefully you'll get some pictures on and we can all take a look.
“As a general rule, if you want to get at the truth — hear both sides and believe neither.” Josh Billings
markowitz57
Community Member

in reply to markowitz57
I am going to take pictures now to upload.

While it was overpriced somewhat, I have learned by researching it is a pool of lights piece- the front and back are rock crystal, and I have only seen two others in addition to that dealer's and mine! There is a current auction running if you search pool of lights.
markowitz57
Community Member

in reply to markowitz57
Delmark POL Watch Blurry
Delmark POL Watch Side 2
Delmark POL Watch Back 1
Delmark POL Watch Face

Rock crystal/Pool of Lights items sell well now since an Art Deco Pool of Lights necklace was featured on the Antiques Roadshow.
kathrynscollectibles
Community Member

in reply to markowitz57
"I have only seen two others in addition to that dealer's and mine!"

While there may only be a few on eBay, they aren't considered "rare" and I've seen more than my share while going to antique and resale stores in my area.

The one that is currently listed on eBay ends in a few days, so that should give you an idea of value.
“As a general rule, if you want to get at the truth — hear both sides and believe neither.” Josh Billings
markowitz57
Community Member

in reply to markowitz57
I will be on the lookout for them. I have only seen one in my lifetime (I love vintage watches and have many.)

There is one on another site pending sale for $230.
afantiques
Community Member

in reply to markowitz57
It is a very basic movement, 7 jewels, cheap fashion watch from the latter part of the 20th. C. No interest to watch collectors, its only value would be as a watch to wear and use if you like the look.
=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."