eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

rare corning ware coffee pot

I have a corning ware coffee pot with the rare 1972 "NORDIC WINTER" pattern. How do I go about selling this item so it does not get pulled? I feel that some collectors might want something like this. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
milestoneks
Community Member

Re: rare corning ware coffee pot

in reply to 82sundancer
I don't understand. Why would it be pulled? It's a coffee pot.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ~~Albert Pike, Freemason
Please use plain text.
bamaj1
Community Member

in reply to 82sundancer
Has to do with this coffeepot being a recalled item by the manufacturer for safety reasons. You can't list recalled consumer items on eBay. Corning took this action years ago.
Please use plain text.
collectors_2001
Community Member

in reply to 82sundancer
It could be a strike against you and you don't want that. I unknowingly listed something similar years ago and it was pulled immediately.

Becky
Please use plain text.
skipper-john
Community Member

in reply to 82sundancer
In the 70s, We had one of the Corning electric percolators and used it for years.

We heard about a recall notice from Corning for the coffee pot because they glued a metal band to the pot, and the handle attached to that metal band. The glue on some of the pots was failing, and some people had got burned by hot coffee.

I contacted Corning.about the recall. They sent a cardboard box (with prepaid mailing), and you were supposed to send them a part (I don't remember which one) from the percolator (which rendered the percolator inoperative).

Corning did not offer to replace the recalled coffee pots. Instead, Corning offered a catalog that offered a selection of Corning items for supposedly "special Corning prices". I think you were allowed to buy two items from the catalog.

Well, it turned out that you could buy the same Corning items at local stores for cheaper prices than the "special prices" in their catalog.

So, in essence, Corning was offering less than nothing in return for the recalled coffee pots.

We decided to keep our coffee pot, and used it for years. We checked the handle frequently, but it never came loose. On one of our several moves, the electric percolator assembly disappeared, and we gave the pot to someone else who had also rejected the corning "special prices" offer.

Yes, the other posters are correct - you cannot sell the coffee pots on eBay (whether electric or not).
People in debt often confuse the word "need" with "want". People who do not succeed often confuse the word "can't" with "won't". - John -
Please use plain text.