eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

What do I need to llok for in vintage Lady Schick hot rollers

My g.mother gave me a set of hot rollers. Are these a hot item to sell right now? What do I need to check out with the set before I list them. I have never used the steam rollers. Thanks a bunch!
pamela
Community Member

in reply to shelly404
How old are they? Can you post a picture?

Hot rollers I think are a dime a dozen unless there is something special about them...

I have flying monkeys and I am not afraid to use them!

"Iris Myrondowsky, the handwalking queer!".. C.C. Bloomz
juxtaposting
Community Member

in reply to shelly404
WHat you need to "check out" is current auctions and "completed listings"...will show you items sold or not from the last 30 days).

After you plug your keywords into search, look on the left side of page for "completed" listings.

shocked&appalled!

buy-buy-sell-sell!

Community Member

in reply to shelly404
Hi!

I've sold several hot roller sets. One was a Lady Schick which was the best seller at around 30 dollars.

Plug them in and see if they heat up and how long it takes. Use that information in your listing.

Clean the set well. I always take the rollers and wash them in the sink in hot sudsy water and state this in the listing.

Are the clips accounted for? This is important. A buyer would want to know about the clips and how many.

Do you have the box and/or any literature? If so, this will be a selling point.

Describe the condition of the casing, the cord, the rollers themselves, etc. Also describe the features of the set and the model and manufacture information that is usually on the bottom of the set.

In your listing title, use the words: "Hairsetter" and "Hot Rollers"

The gal who bought my Lady Schick set wrote me to tell me how thrilled she was to get it. She had used that particular set since they first came out and had sent hers to be fixed several times until there was no more fix to it! I got the impression this was a very well made and desirable brand.

Hope this information helps and that you do well when you list it!

Elizabeth
Community Member

in reply to shelly404
I also sold a set of Lady Schick vintage curlers about six months ago. They sold for between $30-$40. All of the vintage ones were selling like hotcakes. Don't know why but they seem to sell better than the new ones. Be sure to use the word vintage is they are older ones.