eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

ps4 warranty if bought on ebay...

After reading the mixed reviews on amazon about the ps4, Im concerned what will happen if i recieve a faulty console. Seller said I could use the sony warranty but I want to make sure obviously. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you have and ideas about this. Im assuming if i had a receipt it would be possible but once again I assume i wont be geting the orginal receipt. Thanks again

Please use plain text.
impalajohnny
Community Member

Re: ps4 warranty if bought on ebay...

in reply to browny2295

Most likely all the launch consoles will be deffective since that's happened with every generation of system since the PS1. I still remember how shocked I was to hear that someones playstation broke, before that video game systems were indestructible. The NES could survive nuclear war, you just had to blow into the cartrige to get the radiation out.

I'm not sure how buying from a reseller will effect the warranty but it's only 90 days anyway and the console will last longer than that. Most likely it'll take a class action lawsuit like the red ring of death on the xbox 360, so a better question is how does buying from a reseller effect that. I don't know the answer to that either.

Please use plain text.
n666z
Community Member

in reply to impalajohnny

They come with a 1 year warrenty, and Sony will honor them if your serial number was not registered yet by another owner. You know how many people get ps4's as gifts during the holidays? Alot and most without a reciept.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to n666z

This is from the Sony Playstation website:

Warranty coverage

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) provides a Limited Warranty for North American PlayStation® brand systems, its first party peripherals, and first party format software titles.

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) offers the PlayStation Protection Plan that extends the warranty for up to two years. If you purchased an extended warranty through a retailer, please contact the retailer where the extended warranty was issued for additional information.

Any issue with your system that was caused by neglect, unlicensed product use, the warranty seal has been tampered with or removed, physical abuse, accident, and/or excessive wear and tear, will not qualify the product for in-warranty service.

In order to be considered for warranty service from SCEA, you must provide a valid proof of purchase (i.e., store receipt). SCEA accepts receipts with the product itemized, along with the price and the valid purchase date clearly printed. Hand-written receipts are not acceptable.

Please note, items purchased through auction sites or second hand do not qualify for in-warranty service.

If you send your system to SCEA for in-warranty service without a valid proof of purchase, your system will be returned to you unserviced.

I don't know how demanding Sony will be with proof of purchase, but technically they can deny you warranty service if you buy off ebay.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/710/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzg...

Please use plain text.
instantvideogames
Community Member

in reply to rdengineer01

rdengineer01 wrote:

Please note, items purchased through auction sites or second hand do not qualify for in-warranty service.

WOW!

Please use plain text.