eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
itmightgetlouder
Community Member

Fraureuth China

Hello, I'm helping a friend clean up a sofa and she tells me she has a gorgous full china tea service set for eight from her grandmother. It's about 100 years old. Gorgeous set. Cups, saucers desert plates, tea strainer piece, cream/sugar servers, even a little flower holder/vase. No flaws at all.
The maker's mark under the teapot:

The writing is: "A.W. Mc C."

Do the markings and age make such a complete set worthwhile to sell?

Many thanks to a wonderful board,

Donald

Sell More. Write Better.

Please use plain text.
itmightgetlouder
Community Member

Fraureuth China

in reply to itmightgetlouder
I found this completed listing for an art deco style set (my friend's is a more standard floral design, but the item shapes are very similar):
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1-ART-DECO-GERMAN-FRAUREUTH-CHINA-SET-includes-teapot_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28217QQihZ006QQitemZ160002683649QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#la-image-3
but my friend's set is in better condition...

Sell More. Write Better.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Fraureuth China

Your pieces are probably hobbyist painted. 'China painting' was a very popular hobby in the early 20th century. Blank porcelain was imported from France, Germany and Japan for use by these hobbyists. The hand painted mark on the bottom is usually the decorators initials. There were 1000's of these hobbyists so it generally is impossible to ID who did the painting.
Please use plain text.
itmightgetlouder
Community Member

Fraureuth China

I understand. Thanks md for your reply! I think her set may fetch $100 because they're in terrific condition with no flaws, but the painting itself isn't a real draw.

thank you,
Donald

Sell More. Write Better.

Please use plain text.