eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
delphine_boutique
Community Member
I have been getting a phone call asking questions about my eBay account. Is this really from eBay?
[ Edited ]

I have been getting a phone call asking questions about my eBay account. Is this really from eBay?

Other Answers: 11
Community Member
Answered
in reply to delphine_boutique

I got a call from this number today asking me about where I get my products from and telling me that my account was going to be suspended until I give them that information. I wasn't really sure what to do, I didn't want my account suspended. I gave them an email contact from my supplier and that was it. The lady told me she would be in direct contact with me to handle my case and I told her to email me so I can forward whatever information she needed and I never got any email so basically there is no way to give any more info anyway.

What kind of scam is ebay trying to run here? They are trying to document business practices of sellers? what difference does that make if my account is in good standing and I follow all ebay rules?

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered

According to Google the calls are from eBay

Lots of posts about this number.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&cp=13&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=801-545-1800&pf=p&output=sea...

woods_wonders
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]

i have recieved a call from a man named Jim saying he was from Ebay when i asked his last  he said i didn'r give it  then i said well i'd like to have it  he then said it was errivelant i said no it's not and this conversation is over then.

amgviper
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]

It's eBay. I get calls regularly from these clowns....everything form duplicate listing policy violations to items placed in the wrong category to prohibitted items. They really need to focus on their customer service rather than attacking sellers. calling me because of a duplicate listing? Really??? Yet I wait over an hour to speak with a rep when I need help or have an issue with something? Really eBay??

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

Yes, 801 is a Utah area code, the location of an eBay call center..

pjspjs
Community Member
Answered

I rec'd 4 calls but not one message from this number . I hate junk phone calls !

keila65584
Community Member
Answered

I was just looking up that it was EBAY!  The crooks

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered

Asking questions about your account or giving you information to help you and about the new policies??

Sellers get calls from the seller outreach program.....and I would also bet whoever contacted you identified themselves, which you did not mention here.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered

Ignore it, just another one of ebay's bad ideas.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
nclookin4stuff
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]

is not ebay ----it is a fraud

giantwholesale_1
Community Member
Answered

It's eBay offering their monthly promotion. It's not a scam. If you go to your eBay messages, the same deal will be there. Plus, they don't ask you for anything and say to go to eBay to take advantage of the offer. Be careful when you accept the deal because the Amazon drone is in your back yard!